Apple is one of the biggest and most successful companies in the world. It has a loyal customer base, and its products are known for their quality and innovation.
An Apple ID is a unique account that allows you to access and use Apple’s products and services, such as the App Store, iTunes, iCloud, and Apple Music. It consists of a username (usually an email address) and a password that you set up when creating the account.
However, even Apple can make mistakes – as users have recently discovered, when they are getting an error message reading “Your Apple ID is not active.”
What does this mean? What should you do if you see this message? And what might be causing it in the first place? In this blog post, I will answer all of these questions and more.
So keep reading to find out everything you need about the “Apple ID is not active” error!
An Apple ID that is not active means that the user has either never used it before or has not used it in a while. If the user has never used it, they must create a new Apple ID.
If the user has not used it in a while, they may need to reactivate it. To reactivate an Apple ID, the user will need to log in with their Apple ID and password. If the user has forgotten their password, they can reset it.
Reasons Why It Is Not Active
If you see the message “ID is not active” when you try to sign in with your Apple ID, your account is not yet active. There are a few reasons why this might be the case:
- You just created your Apple ID and haven’t completed the verification process.
- You’re using a new email address or phone number that you haven’t yet verified with Apple.
- You changed your Apple ID to an email address or phone number you haven’t yet verified.
- Your account has been locked for security reasons.
If you’re sure that your account is active, but you’re still seeing this message, try signing out of all the devices that are signed in with your Apple ID, then sign in again.
How to Fix? – Step by Step
- Check your internet connection
- Update your Apple ID and password
- Check for updates to your device
- Sign out of your Apple ID and then sign back in
- Use A Third Party Apps
- Contact Apple Support
If you see the “Apple ID is not active” error message, it means that your Apple ID has been disabled for some reason. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem.
1. Check your internet connection
If you see the Apple ID is not active error message, it means that your Apple ID has been disabled for some reason. One possible cause of this is a problem with your internet connection. Make sure that your device is connected to the internet and try again.
2. Update Your Apple ID And Password
If you see the “Apple ID is not active” error message, it means your Apple ID has been disabled for some reason. One way, you’ll need to update your Apple ID and password to fix the issue.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the “Update Apple ID” option.
- Enter your new Apple ID and password.
- Tap on the “Update” button to save your changes.
Now try using your Apple ID again. It should work without any problems.
3. Check for updates to your device
If you see the error message “Apple ID is not active,” your account is not enabled in the App Store, iTunes Store, or iBooks Store.
You need to update your billing information or sign in with a different Apple ID to fix this problem.
Check your billing information:
Open the Settings App—tap iTunes & App Store. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen, then tap View Apple ID. You might need to sign in or use Touch ID. Tap Payment Information, then update your payment method.
Sign in with a different Apple ID:
Open the Settings App—tap iTunes & App Store. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen, then tap Sign Out. Tap Sign In and enter your new Apple ID and password.
4. Sign out of your Apple ID and then sign back in
If the previous steps haven’t fixed the problem, try signing out of your Apple ID and then signing back in. Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Sign Out. Then sign back in with the same Apple ID and password.
5. Use Third-party Apps
If you are still unable to fix the “Apple ID is not active” error, you can use a third-party app like Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) to get the job done. This professional iOS system repair tool can help you fix various iOS issues, including the “Apple ID is not active” error. Here’s how to use it:
Step 1: Download and install Dr.Fone on your computer.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer using a USB cable and launch Dr.Fone.
Step 3: On the main screen of Dr.Fone, select “Standard Mode” and click “Start.”
Step 4: Once your device is detected, click “Download” to download the firmware package.
Step 5: After the firmware package is downloaded, click “Fix Now” to start fixing the “Apple ID is not active” error.
Once the process is completed, your iPhone/iPad should be able to use your Apple ID without any issues.
6. Contact Apple Support
If you’ve tried all of the above steps and still can’t fix the problem, contact Apple Support for help.
How Can You Activate An Inactive Account?
If you have an inactive Apple ID, you can reactivate it by following these steps:
- Log in to your Apple ID account page.
- Go to the Security section and click Edit.
- Under two-step verification, click Resend next to the Trusted Phone Number field.
- Enter the verification code sent to your trusted phone number and click Verify.
- Click Done.
Your Apple ID is now active, and you can use it to access Apple services. If you have any problems, contact Apple Support.
How Long Does An iCloud Account Stay Active?
An iCloud account stays active as long as the user keeps renewing it. However, if a user does not renew their iCloud account within 90 days of becoming inactive, their account will be permanently deleted.
Once an iCloud account is permanently deleted, all data associated with that account will also be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
What To Do If You Can’t Sign In?
If you can’t sign in to your Apple ID because it’s not active, you can reactivate it from your device or the Apple ID account page.
When you don’t have access to your device, or it’s disabled, you can reactivate your Apple ID from the Apple ID account page.
When you reactivate your Apple ID, you can choose a new password. You can look it up if you don’t know your Apple ID.
When you can’t sign in
- If you forgot your password, you could reset it.
- If you don’t have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID, you can turn it on now.
- If you still can’t sign in, contact Apple Support.
- Reactivate your Apple ID from your device
For iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and can’t sign in
If you have iOS 11 or later and your account is protected with two-factor authentication, you can reactivate your Apple ID by entering the verification code sent to one of your trusted devices.
- Tap Settings > Accounts & Passwords, then tap your Apple ID. Tap the device that you want to use to receive the verification code.
- If you don’t have access to a trusted device, tap “Don’t have a trusted device?” and follow the instructions.
- Enter the verification code, then tap Continue.
- Please choose a new password and enter it twice, then tap Done.
Tips to Avoid Getting the “Apple ID Is Not Active” Error Message
If you see the “Apple ID is not active” error message, your Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons. If you believe your Apple ID has been disabled by mistake, you can contact Apple Support.
Here are some tips to avoid getting the “Apple ID is not active” error message:
- Use a strong password that includes a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Do not use the same password for multiple accounts.
- Update your operating system and apps regularly to help keep your device secure.
- Do not click on links or open attachments from unknown sources.
- Be cautious of phishing scams.
Following these tips can help keep your Apple ID secure and avoid getting the “Apple ID is not active” error message.
How Can You Sign out From An Inactive Account?
There are a couple of different ways that you can sign out from an inactive Apple ID.
- One way is to go to the Settings app on your device and then scroll down to the bottom and tap on the “Sign Out” button.
- Another way is to go to your device’s iTunes & App Store settings and then scroll to the bottom and tap on the “Sign Out” button.
- Finally, you can also go to iCloud settings on your device, scroll to the bottom, and tap on the “Sign Out” button.
All of these methods will sign you out of your inactive Apple ID. If you still have trouble signing out, you can contact Apple support for further assistance.
More Questions And Answers
What do you do when it says your Apple ID is not active?
To regain access to your Apple ID, you must reset your password. If the system’s health is good, but you still can’t get Apple ID activated, try resetting your password and logging in again. In certain cases, it is impossible to use the incorrect password and guarantees that everything will function normally.
Why did Apple disable my account?
There could be various reasons why Apple may disable an account, including:
- Security concerns: Apple may disable an account if they detect suspicious or unauthorized activity, such as an attempted login from an unfamiliar device or location.
- Violations of terms and conditions: Apple may disable an account if the user violates the terms and conditions of using their products and services, such as sharing copyrighted material or engaging in fraudulent activity.
- Billing issues: Apple may disable an account if there are unpaid bills or disputes over payments.
- Inactivity: Apple may disable an account if it has been inactive for an extended period, although they typically notify users before taking such actions.
If you have been informed that your Apple account has been disabled, it’s important to contact Apple support to determine the reason and resolve the issue. They may ask you to provide additional information or take certain actions to reactivate your account, such as resetting your password or verifying your identity.
How do I know if my Apple ID has been deleted?
If your Apple ID has been removed, you will not be able to use it to sign in to any Apple service that requires an Apple ID and password.
We won’t bother you with a warning if you can’t utilize it for this purpose. It’s unclear whether or not Apple will provide an explicit deletion notice for an Apple ID.
How many Apple IDs can I have?
Apple allows users to have one primary Apple ID per account. However, you can have multiple Apple IDs associated with different email addresses or phone numbers, which can be useful if you have different devices or want to separate your personal and work-related purchases.
It’s important to note that creating multiple Apple IDs can also create some complications, such as having different purchase histories and iCloud backups. Additionally, if you try to use multiple Apple IDs to download the same app, you may encounter issues with syncing and updating the app.
To avoid these issues, it’s recommended to use one primary Apple ID and only create additional ones if necessary. If you do decide to create multiple Apple IDs, make sure to keep track of them and use them consistently across all your devices and purchases.
Can I have two Apple IDs?
Two Apple IDs may be created to do this. That way, your professional and personal lives may remain distinct and secure. Unless you need to sync information between the two accounts, utilizing two Apple IDs shouldn’t cause any problems.
What happens when Apple ID is deleted?
If you lose access to your Apple ID, you will no longer have access to any of the services that need it, including iCloud, Apple Books, the App Store, Apple Pay, Messages, FaceTime, and Find My.
Whenever you remove your Apple ID, all the information linked with your Apple services will be erased.
Does Deleting Apple ID Remove The Activation Lock?
No, deleting your Apple ID does not remove the activation lock on your device. Activation Lock is a security feature designed to prevent anyone else from using your device if it’s lost or stolen. It requires your Apple ID and password to turn off Find My iPhone, erase the device, or reactivate it.
If you delete your Apple ID, the activation lock will still be in place, and you won’t be able to use the device without entering the Apple ID and password that were associated with it before. This means that if you sell or give away your device, you should always sign out of iCloud and erase all content and settings to remove the activation lock and dissociate the device from your Apple ID.
To erase your device, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you’re selling or giving away your device, make sure to also remove your SIM card and any external storage devices, such as SD cards, before erasing it.
If you’re seeing the “Apple ID is not active” error, there are a few things you can do to try and fix it. Finally, I’ll give you three tips that should help get your account up and running again.
- Tip 1: Check your date of birth. Make sure that the date on your computer matches the date of birth listed for your Apple ID.
- Tip 2: Reset your password. If you’ve forgotten your password, resetting it may solve the problem.
- Tip 3: Contact customer service. If neither of these tips works, contact Apple customer service for further assistance.