Are you having problems with your Acer monitor? Is the screen blank, or does it say “No Signal”? If so, don’t worry – you can fix the problem yourself.
There are some potential ways to fix this problem. They are:
- Check The Input SettingsReset The Acer Monitor
- Reboot The Acer Monitor And The PC
- Ensure That The PC Is Not On “Sleep Mode”
- Reset The BIOS System To Default
- Adjust The Monitor Resolution
- Update The Latest The Graphics Card Driver
This blog post will show you how to fix an Acer monitor no signal. I will also provide some tips on other additional information. Keep reading for more information.
Why Does My Acer Monitor Say No Signal?
Acer monitors are some of the most popular on the market, but they can still experience the occasional problem. One such problem is when your Acer monitor displays the message “No Signal.”
There are a few reasons why this might happen:
- The most common reason is that your monitor is not correctly connected to your computer. Double-check all of the cables and make sure they are firmly plugged in.
- Another possibility is that your computer’s graphics card is not working correctly. Try unplugging the card and plugging it back in.
- The computer’s graphics card is not compatible with the monitor.
- The monitor’s refresh rate is too high for the computer’s graphics card.
- The monitor’s resolution is too high for the computer’s graphics card.
- The computer’s graphics drivers are outdated.
If your Acer monitor is displaying the “No Signal” message, don’t panic! There are a few simple steps you can take to fix the problem.
How To Fix Acer Monitor No Signal?
1. Check The Input Settings
There are a few things you can do to check the input settings if there is no signal on your Acer Monitor. To do this!
- Right-click on the desktop
- Click “Screen Resolution.”
- In the “Display” drop-down menu, select the Acer monitor
- Click “Advanced Settings.”
- In the “Adapter” tab, click “Properties.”
- In the “Properties” window, click the “Monitor” tab
- In the “Monitor Settings” section, select the “Input Settings” option
8. In the “Input Settings” window, ensure that the correct input setting is selected for the Acer monitor. The input setting will be either “Analog” or “Digital.”
If the wrong input setting is selected, the image on the screen will be distorted.
9. Click “OK” to save the changes and close the window.
2. Reset The Acer Monitor
If your Acer monitor has no signal and needs to be reset, you can use a few methods. Depending on the model of your monitor, some methods may be easier than others.
To do a hard reset on your Acer monitor, unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor. Wait a few seconds, then plug the cord back in. This should reset the monitor to its factory settings.
If this does not work, you can also try pressing and holding the power button on the monitor for 30 seconds. This will also reset the monitor.
To do a soft reset, go into the menu on your monitor and navigate to the reset option. This will reset all the settings on your monitor back to their defaults.
Use the OSD Menu
If you want to reset your Acer monitor without losing any of your custom settings, you can use the OSD menu. To do this, press the menu button on your monitor and navigate to the reset option.
This will only reset the settings you have changed and not all of the monitor’s settings.
Use the Factory Reset Code
You can try using the factory reset code if you can’t find the reset option in your monitor’s menu. To do this, unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor. Press and hold the menu button, then plug the power cord back in.
The factory reset code should be displayed on the screen. Enter this code into the menu and hit enter. This will reset your monitor to its default settings.
I hope the above-described methods will help you fix the “No Signal” issue.
3. Check The Cable & Their Connection
Check the cables and their connection if you are not getting any signal from your monitor.
- Ensure that the power cord of your Acer monitor is securely connected to the back of the monitor and plugged into an electrical outlet.
- If the cord is not fully plugged in, the monitor will not receive power and will remain blank.
- Connect the video input cable of your Acer monitor to the back of your computer.
- The input port is typically blue, and the cable is usually black with 15-pin connectors on each end.
- If the cable is not fully plugged in, the monitor will not receive a video signal and will remain blank.
- If the power cord is plugged in and the computer is still not powering on, press the power button on the front or back of the computer to turn it on.
4. Test With Another Cable Or PC
Test the monitor with another cable or PC if the computer is turned on and the display is still black. This will help determine whether the monitor or another component is the issue.
- Start by disconnecting the cable from the monitor and plugging it into a different port.
- If the monitor is plugged into a surge protector, try plugging it directly into the wall.
- Try using a different cable altogether if the cable isn’t the issue.
- If you have another computer or laptop available, try plugging the monitor into that.
- This will help determine whether the monitor or the computer is the issue.
5. Reboot The Acer Monitor And The PC
If you have an Acer monitor and your computer is not displaying a signal on the screen, you may need to restart both the monitor and the computer.
Here’s how to do it:
- First, turn off the monitor and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Next, turn off the computer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Once both devices are turned off and unplugged, wait a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, plug in the monitor to the power outlet and turn it on.
- Finally, plug the computer into the power outlet and turn it on.
6. Ensure That The PC Is Not On “Sleep Mode.”
Sleep mode is a power-saving state typically used when the computer is not in use. It can cause the “no signal” problem on Acer monitors if it is enabled and the monitor is not receiving a signal from the computer.
The “no signal” problem on your Acer monitor could be due to the sleep mode being enabled. You can try disabling sleep mode to see if that fixes the issue. To do this, go to the power options in your control panel and disable the “sleep” setting.
7. Reset The BIOS System To Default
If your Acer monitor is not displaying a signal, you can try resetting the system BIOS to default. This will often resolve the issue and get your monitor working again.
To reset the system BIOS to default, follow these steps:
- Shut down your computer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Remove the computer’s case cover.
3. Locate the reset button on the motherboard. This will often be a small red or black button labeled “RESET” or “RST.”
4. Use a small object, such as a paperclip, to press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds.
5. Replace the computer’s case cover and plug it back into the power outlet.
6. Turn on your computer and see if the issue is resolved.
8. Adjust The Monitor Resolution
Sometimes the Acer monitor’s wrong resolution settings can also be the reason for the “No Signal” issue. You should always keep the resolution right according to your monitor’s capability.
- Right-click on the desktop and choose “Screen Resolution” from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the “Resolution” drop-down menu and select a resolution compatible with your Acer monitor.
- Click “OK” to save the changes and reboot your computer.
If you still cannot get a signal from your Acer monitor, you may need to replace the cable that connects the monitor to the computer.
Check the cables’ connections on both ends to ensure they are secure.
9. Check the Graphics Card Is Resolutely placed On The Slot
It is pretty easy to check if your graphics card is securely placed on the slot or not. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First, shut down your computer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Now, open up the CPU case and locate the graphics card.
- If the graphics card is not inserted correctly in the slot, remove it and reinsert it properly.
- Once you have inserted the graphics card properly, close the CPU case and plug in your computer.
- Now, start your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
If you still cannot see the image on the screen, then it is possible that the graphics card is not compatible with your computer or it is defective. In such a case, you will need to replace the graphics card.
10. Update The Acer Monitor Drivers
You may update your monitor’s driver if there is still no signal. Updating the Acer monitor drivers is simple and easy. You can either update the drivers manually or automatically with Driver Easy.
Here’s how to update the Acer monitor drivers manually:
- Visit the Acer support website. Please search for your Acer model and click on it.
- Click Drivers and Manuals.
- Find the monitor driver and click Download. Save the file to your computer.
- Unzip the file and double-click the .exe file to install the driver.
- Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Alternatively, you can use Driver Easy to update your Acer monitor drivers automatically. Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect any problem drivers. It then downloads and installs the correct drivers for you automatically.
11. Update The Latest Graphics Card Driver
When your graphics card drivers are back-dated and you have not updated them regularly, there is a huge chance of no signal on your Acer monitor. So, you should update them from time to time.
With that said, let’s get started.
- First, identify your graphics card model. You can do this by opening the Device Manager on Windows. To do so, right-click the “My Computer” icon and select “Manage.”
- Expand the “Display adapters” section in the Device Manager window. Here, you should see your graphics card listed.
- Next, visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer. In our example, we’ll use an NVIDIA graphics card, so we’ll go to the NVIDIA website.
- On the NVIDIA website, locate the “Downloads” section and select “GeForce Drivers.”
- Select your graphics card model from the drop-down menu on the next page.
- Select the latest driver for your graphics card on the next page.
- Once the driver has been downloaded, double-click on it to begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is finished, restart your computer.
What To Do When Acer Monitor No Signal & Then Goes Black?
If your Acer monitor suddenly goes black and you see no signal, several potential causes exist. The most common cause is simply that the monitor is turned off. However, if the monitor was on and working properly a moment ago, there are a few other potential causes to investigate.
- Check the power cord and make sure it is properly plugged into the monitor and the electrical outlet.
- Check the monitor’s buttons and make sure they are all set correctly. The most common problem is that the “brightness” or “contrast” buttons are accidentally pressed, causing the screen to go black.
- Check the video cable and ensure it is correctly plugged into the monitor and the computer’s video port.
- When you are using a laptop, make sure the “external monitor” button is set to “monitor” and not “laptop.”
- If you are using a desktop computer, ensure the video cable is plugged into the correct video port on the back of the computer. The most common video ports are VGA and DVI.
- Finally, if you have tried all of the above and the problem persists, it is likely that the monitor itself is defective and will need to be replaced.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does no signal on a monitor mean?
A cable connects your desktop computer to a display. The display, not the computer, tells us “no signal,” which means we are not receiving any data from the computer. Most of the time, it’s an issue with the setup, the connection, power, or simply a message that appears when the computer is starting.
Why is my monitor on but no display?
Ensure your screen resolution and refresh rate are set correctly (if you had them set too high, your monitor might not be able to display a screen). Another option is reinstalling your graphics card’s drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
How do you reset your computer?
According to recent research (PDF), a factory reset isn’t adequate since data, including the Google account login token, is left behind. Because of flash memory’s limitations on how frequently a block of memory can be rewritten, the root of the issue, says the Verge,
Do Acer monitors have power buttons?
Power and menu buttons are on the bottom bezel’s right side. You’ll find the power button on the right-hand side of the display.
How do I connect my Acer monitor to my computer?
Acer’s and your computer’s HDMI ports must be connected to each other to work. DVI and VGA video card ports are positioned next to the HDMI port on your desktop computer’s back panel. Ordinarily, you’ll find an HDMI connector on the laptop’s left or right side.
Why does my monitor Say the signal cable does not connect?
The cable should be replaced if its pins are bent or damaged. Specific vintage monitors have cords that can’t be removed from the back. Next, remove the display cable from the computer’s back panel and reinstall it.
How do I enable my HDMI port?
Click on the volume icon on the taskbar and choose “right-click” pick Digital Output Device or HDMI when you open the Playback tab under Playback devices. Right-click and choose “Set Default.”
Do you lose Windows if you factory reset?
Removes all installed apps and data, then reinstalls Windows and any software initially installed by your PC’s maker, including trial programs and utilities.
What are some reasons for an Acer monitor to display “No Signal”?
Some common reasons for this issue include a faulty cable connection, incompatible graphics card or monitor, outdated graphics drivers, and incorrect input settings.
How can I fix the “No Signal” issue on my Acer monitor?
Some potential solutions include checking input settings, resetting the monitor, ensuring cable connections are secure, testing with another cable or PC, rebooting both the monitor and PC, disabling sleep mode on the PC, resetting the BIOS system, adjusting monitor resolution, updating the monitor and graphics card drivers, and ensuring the graphics card is securely placed on the slot.
Why is my Acer monitor displaying a blinking blue light?
A blinking blue light can indicate that the monitor is not receiving a signal from the computer, due to a loose cable connection or a problem with the input port on the back of the monitor. Adjusting the contrast and brightness settings or resetting the monitor to its factory settings may also help.
What should I do if the above methods do not work?
If none of the above solutions work, it may be necessary to replace the cable that connects the monitor to the computer, or to replace the defective component.
The “No Signal” issue on an Acer monitor can be frustrating, but there are several potential solutions to try before resorting to replacing components. By following the steps outlined above, users can troubleshoot and fix the problem themselves, without needing to take their monitor to a repair shop.
Regularly updating graphics drivers and ensuring proper cable connections can also help prevent this issue from occurring in the future.
Why Does The Acer Monitor Have No Signal But Blinking Blue Light?
The blue light on your Acer monitor can indicate a variety of issues. If the light is blinking, it could mean that the monitor is not receiving a signal from the computer.
This could be due to a loose cable connection or a problem with the input port on the back of the monitor. If the light is solid, it could mean that the monitor is in standby mode or that the contrast or brightness settings need to be adjusted.
A blinking blue light on your Acer monitor usually indicates something is not working correctly.
Here are some steps to help you fix the problem.
- Check the cable connections.
- Ensure the input port on the back of the monitor is set to the correct input.
- Try adjusting the contrast and brightness settings.
- If the problem persists, try resetting the monitor to its factory settings.