If you’ve been playing Minecraft for a while, you may have tried to create an ender portal.
Ender portals are essential for traveling to the End, and if your ender portal not working, then how to troubleshoot the issue?
There are two ways to fix the Minecraft Ender Portal that are not working in Creative Modes. They are:
- Setting Up With The Essentials
- Create the End Portal On the Right Way On Minecraft
Also, some ways to fix the Ender Portal are not working in the survival mode.
In this blog post, I’ll walk you through some common causes of ender portal problems and how to fix them. Keep reading to learn more!
What Is A Portal In Minecraft?
A portal is a physical or virtual connection between two different places. In the context of Minecraft, portals are used to travel between dimensions.
Minecraft has three portals: Nether portals, ender portals, and water portals.
Nether portals are used to travel to the Nether dimension. These portals are created by building a frame of obsidian blocks and lighting them on fire with flint and steel.
Ender portals are used to travel to the End dimension. These portals are created by building a frame of end stone blocks and then activating it with the eye of the Ender.
Water portals are used to travel to the Ocean dimension. These portals are created by building a frame of water source blocks and activating them with a sponge.
Reasons For My Ender Portal Not Working On Minecraft
There could be a few reasons your Ender Portal isn’t working in Minecraft. Here are a few potential causes:
- The frame of the Ender Portal is not complete. All 12 obsidian blocks must be placed in the correct positions around the outside edge of the frame. If even one block is missing, the Portal will not activate.
- The obsidian blocks making up the Portal’s frame must be placed flush against each other with no gaps. If there are any gaps, the Portal will not activate.
- You may not have placed the final obsidian block in the center of the frame. This is necessary to complete the Portal.
- You have placed an eye of Ender in each of the 4 corners of the frame. This is necessary to activate the Portal.
- The obsidian blocks making up the frame of the Portal must be placed on a solid block such as dirt, stone, or gravel. They cannot be placed on anything else, such as grass or wood.
- The frame of the Portal must be placed in the correct orientation. The ender eye in each corner must be pointing inward towards the center of the frame.
- If you’re using a library mod such as LibrarianLib, ensure it is up to date. Outdated versions of LibrarianLib have been known to cause issues with the Ender Portal.
- Make sure you’re running the correct version of Minecraft. The Ender Portal will not work on versions of Minecraft before 1.7.10.
How To Fix Ender Portal Not Working On Creative Mode?
There are two ways to fix the Ender Portal if it does not work. They are:
Setting Up With The Essentials
The Ender Portal is one of the key elements in Minecraft that allows you to travel to The End and fight the Enderdragon. If your End Portal is not working, it could be because you’re missing a key ingredient: An Eye of Ender. Now I’ll show you how to fix your End Portal by setting up all the necessary ingredients.
To fix your End Portal, you’ll need:
- 1 Eye of Ender
- 12 End Portal Frames
- 1 End Portal block
- A light source (such as a torch)
Once you have the above, you can begin setting up your End Portal. Here’s how:
- First, find a flat surface of at least 12×12 blocks. This will be the area where you’ll build your End Portal.
- Next, place your 12 End Portal Frames in a square on the ground. Make sure that the frames are facing inward.
- Place your End Portal block in the center of the square.
- Use your Eye of Ender to activate the End Portal. To do this, throw the Eye of Ender into the air above the End Portal block.
Once your End Portal is activated, you can travel to The End and fight the Enderdragon!
Create the End Portal On the Right Way
The wrong creation of the end portal is one of the most prevalent reasons it does not execute for many players.
The first thing that you need to do is to find a place where you can build your Portal. The best place to build it would be in the Ender.
Even if you have everything in order and have put them properly, there is a specific technique for setting up your supplies.
Due to the need to remain still while creating all of the end portal bricks, this strategy requires complete stillness on your behalf.
For the Portal to function, you must be “inside” it when you create it; otherwise, it will not function.
Because this is not a game bug, these are the only two significant reasons your end portal may not work.
Fix Ender Portal Does Not Work On Survival Mode
I also had an issue with my ender portal not working on survival mode. I’ve looked everywhere for a solution but can’t find one.
But after trying a certain amount of times, I was able to find out the solutions. Here’s how:
- Make sure you have the correct items in your inventory (eye of Ender and obsidian)
- Place the obsidian blocks in a square frame.
- The ender portal should be placed at the center of the square frame.
- Use the eye of enders to activate the Portal by throwing them into the air and watching them float towards the center of the frame.
- Once Ender’s eyes have been used, the Portal should be activated, and you can enter it by stepping into the purple mist.
How To Make An Ender Portal In Minecraft?
In Minecraft, an Ender Portal is a frame used to teleport players to The End. To make an Ender Portal, you will need the following materials:
Obsidian: You can mine obsidian with a pickaxe with the Silk Touch enchantment.
Ender Pearls: You can find Ender Pearls by slaying endermen or fishing in lava.
Eyes of Ender: You can craft Eyes of Ender by combining Blaze Powder and an Ender Pearl.
Flint and Steel: You can craft Flint and Steel by combining an Iron Ingot and a Flint.
- Once you have gathered the required materials, you will need to find a flat land area to build your Portal.
- To start, you will need to build a square frame out of obsidian. The frame should be 4 blocks wide and 5 blocks tall.
- Once the frame is complete, you will need to place an Eye of Ender in each corner of the frame.
- Finally, use your Flint and Steel to ignite the Portal.
Remember that you can only have one Ender Portal active at a time. If you create a second portal, the first one will be deactivated.
For some other problems in Minecraft, you can read some of our previous articles.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Light An End Portal?
The 12 Eyes of Ender are all needed to complete the transformation. Standing in the center of the Portal, insert the Ender Eyes into each end portal frame brick.
However, since you stand in the center, you don’t need to add the 12th one. The End Portal will be activated, and you will be transported to the End biome.
Do All End Portals Lead To The Same Place?
In the end, make a separate island for each Portal. As far apart as the portals in the Overworld are from one another, they’ll be 8 times further apart.
How Do You Get To The Ender Dragon In Creative Mode?
Starting in Creative Mode, you’ll need to place 12 End Portal blocks and 12 Eyes of Ender before you may spawn an Ender Dragon.
Having these goods in your inventory, you’ll be able to make an End Portal, which will lead you to “The End,” where the Ender Dragon resides.
How Do You Change The End Portal Frame?
- The first step is to locate a fortress and a doorway to the End.
- Activate the Portal at the End of the path.
- Find the brick in the center on the side of the final Portal.
- Each end portal should have a soil block positioned at each side.
- Each soil block should have a red mushroom placed on top of it.
What Is The Seed For The Ender Portal?
The end portal may be formed with 12 eyes of Ender already set, which some players may not be aware of.
Even still, the likelihood of this occurring is one in a trillion trillion trillion. This unusual occurrence may occur at coordinates X=724 and Z=1156 in this Java 1.17 seed.
How Far Apart Are End Portals?
Default There are three “end dungeons” (strongholds) in the Minecraft universe, each roughly 1000 blocks from the center of the planet.
While standing in the middle of the X/Z 0,0 coordinates, one of the other will be 120 degrees to your left and right.
How do you set an end portal block?
In Minecraft, the End Portal block can only be found naturally generated in Strongholds, and cannot be crafted or placed by players. However, players can activate the End Portal by inserting Eyes of Ender into the End Portal Frame blocks.
To set the End Portal block and activate it, follow these steps:
- Find a Stronghold: Strongholds are found in the underground caves and are identified by the presence of a portal room with an empty frame for the End Portal.
- Locate the Portal Room: Once you find the Stronghold, search for the portal room. It can be identified by a room made of stone bricks with a square frame of End Portal blocks in the center. The frame blocks are distinguishable by their darker texture and purple edging.
- Insert Eyes of Ender: To activate the End Portal, you will need to place Eyes of Ender into the frame blocks. To do this, right-click on the frame block with an Eye of Ender. The Eye of Ender will float into the block and activate it. You will need to do this for all 12 blocks in the frame to activate the End Portal.
- Enter the Portal: Once all 12 Eyes of Ender are inserted into the End Portal Frame blocks, the End Portal will be active. To enter the portal, stand in front of it and press the button to interact with it. This will transport you to the End dimension, where you can fight the Ender Dragon and explore the End cities.
What block level is the end portal on?
The End Portal is located in the End Portal room of a Stronghold, and it is located on a specific block level. In Minecraft, the End Portal can be found on the horizontal plane of block level 42.
To find the it, you will need to locate a Stronghold using Eyes of Ender or by exploring underground caves. Once you find the Stronghold, search for the portal room, which can be identified by a room made of stone bricks with a square frame of End Portal blocks in the center. The End Portal blocks are distinguishable by their darker texture and purple edging.
Blocks are located on the horizontal plane of block level 42, which means that the blocks are located at a height of 42 blocks above bedrock level. You can use a tool like a pickaxe to mine through the stone bricks to reach the End Portal blocks and activate the portal by inserting Eyes of Ender into them.
How deep can a stronghold be?
In Minecraft, Strongholds are generated in the underground cave systems and can be found at varying depths depending on the seed of the world. However, they are usually found between the surface level and Y coordinate 32.
Strongholds consist of a series of corridors, rooms, and staircases and can sometimes extend across multiple cave systems. They can contain valuable loot such as chests with treasure and rare materials, as well as the End Portal, which can transport the player to the End dimension.
While there is no set depth limit for Strongholds, they are generally found in the lower levels of the world. The exact depth can vary depending on the seed of the world, and some Strongholds may be buried deep underground or located near the surface.
What loot is in a stronghold?
Strongholds in Minecraft can contain a variety of valuable loot, including:
A frame made of End Portal blocks that can be used to access the End dimension.
They can be found throughout the stronghold and can contain valuable loot such as diamonds, iron ingots, and emeralds.
A room that can contain bookshelves, enchantment tables, and loot chests.
A room with iron bars and a cage containing a zombie villager, which can be cured with a Splash Potion of Weakness and a Golden Apple to create a villager.
Silverfish can spawn from Silverfish Blocks found throughout the stronghold. Killing them can yield experience and sometimes a dropped item.
Is Your Ender Portal Working Now?
The Ender Portal is an essential item in Minecraft. It allows players to travel between the Overworld and the End.
If your Ender Portal not working, there are a few things you can do to fix it. First, ensure that the blocks around the Portal are bedrock. If they’re not, break them and replace them with bedrock. Second, check that the ender crystals are placed correctly.
They should be facing each other, with one on top of each obsidian block on either side of the Portal. Finally, make sure that no obstructions are blocking the Portal from opening.