Watch new series and movies from Apple TV+ and your other favorite TV and film content on the Apple TV app. But sometimes, you may face your Apple TV remote app not working on your Apple devices.
What would you do if this occurred to you?
According to Apple, the two devices should be on the same network. It’s the same as before. Check to see if both devices are running the latest software. Both the iPhone and Apple TV need to restart. Finally, press the Home button twice.
This article examines why your Apple TV Remote isn’t functioning and how to fix it.
Why Won’t the Apple TV Remote App Work?
If the iTunes Remote app cannot establish a connection, several causes, including hardware and software issues.
When you repair an issue, you’ll usually see what caused it. When troubleshooting, follow these procedures to understand the problem better.
How To Fix Apple Tv Remote App Not Working?
Step 1: The Software Needs To Be Updated
Make sure your devices and applications are up to date if you’re having problems using the Remote app. iTunes may be updated to the most recent version (up to iTunes 12.8).
- Use your Mac’s App Store to search for apps.
- At the top of the App Store window, click Updates.
- Click Install to download and install any available iTunes updates.
As a result of downloading the iTunes software from Apple,
- First, open iTunes.
- From the iTunes menu bar, choose Help > Check for Updates from the drop-down menu.
- To install the newest version, follow the instructions.
- The Help menu would have no option if you got iTunes via the Microsoft Store.
Step 2: Connect To The Same Wifi Network
You may need to ensure that your iPhone, Apple TV, and iTunes library are connected to the same WiFi network if you are still experiencing problems. This is because the devices must be on the same network to communicate.
- Go to Settings > WiFi on the iPhone to check what network you’re connected to and change it if necessary.
- When working on a Mac, click on the WiFi icon in the upper-right corner and follow these identical steps.
- Choose the relevant network in Apple TV’s settings, found under General > Network > WiFi.
Step 3: Reboot Your iPhone’s WiFi
You have to reboot the Apple TV to fix this issue.
- First, switch on Airplane Mode, then turn it off for a minute.
- Go to the Settings application. Turning on Airplane Mode is as simple as swiping the switch next.
- After a few moments, press the toggle switch to turn it off.
- Swipe down from the upper-right corner of your screen as an alternative.
- To activate Airplane Mode, just tap on the symbol. To turn it off, tap the sign again.
Step 4: Turn Your iPhone Off And Then Back On Again
To see if it helps, try turning Airplane Mode on and off and then restart your iPhone.
- Hold the Power button or the Power button and volume button for a few seconds until a power off slider is shown.
- Swipe the power off slider to the right to turn off the device.
- Hold the Power button on your iPhone until you see the Apple logo after wholly shut down.
Step 5: Reconnect To Your Wifi Network
To see whether it helps, you may forget and reconnect to your WiFi network after turning your iPhone off and on.
- Go to the Settings application.
- To connect to the internet, press the WiFi button.
- Connect to a WiFi network by tapping the I symbol next to the network name.
- Once you’ve tapped, Forget This Network, hit Forget to finalize.
- When you see a list of WiFi networks, touch the name of the one you wish to join.
- Join the network by entering the network password.
Step 6: The Control Center To Set Up Your Apple TV Remote
- Open the Control Center by using the following key combination:
- Then, swipe down from the screen’s upper-right corner on an iPhone X or later or an iPad running the most recent version of iPadOS.
- If you’re on iOS 11 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap it.
- You may choose your Apple TV or smart TV from the list by tapping on it.
- Enter a four-digit passcode into your iPhone when prompted by the on-screen instructions.
Step 7: Add Homekit Support For Apple TV
- To do this, go to the Apple TV settings menu.
- Open the settings by clicking and scrolling down.
- Next, log in to your Apple ID.
- Open the cloud with a click.
- Homekit may be checked by scrolling down and seeing whether it states that it is connected.
- Connect if the HomeKit option says “Not Connected.”
Step 8: Reboot Your Apple TV
These patches all concentrate on iPhone difficulties, which eventually cause the Apple TV app to fail.
- Turning the issue on and off again may solve it if the problem is minor.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > System > Apple TV. Restart
- Unplugging your television from its power source and turning it back on is a simple way to restart it.
How To Set Up The Apple TV Remote Feature?
There is no need to download or install any files to activate the feature. However, you will need to connect it to the devices you want to manage to use it. What you need to know:
- The Apple TV Remote must be listed under Included Controls in Control Center.
- The Apple TV Remote function may not display if you do not press the + sign connected with it in the More Controls area of the page.
- Go to your device’s Control Center. On devices running iOS 12 or later, you may accomplish this by swiping down from the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the Control Center, choose the Apple TV Remote shortcut.
- Select your Apple TV from the list and follow the directions to link the two devices together.
How To Control Your Apple Tv From Your iPhone?
All iPhones running iOS 12 or later have the Remote capability incorporated into the Control Center. After unlocking your iPhone, you may reach the Control Center by sliding down from its upper-right corner (this applies to any iPhone with a notch).
Swiping up from the bottom of the screen on an earlier iPhone with a Home Button (and therefore no notch) will bring up the Control Center.
The Apple TV Remote icon may be found in the Control Center. Turning it on again if turned off is as simple as heading into Settings, Control Center, and activating it.
As with the TV Remote app, this one should have no learning curve. However, remember that this remote-control function may be found in a different location.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use the remote app?
- Open the Google TV app on your Android phone.
- Tap Remote in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Use the Scanning for Devices feature by tapping it at the top.
- Make a choice.
- Your phone and TV will guide you through pairing.
- It is possible to utilize your phone or the remote control after pairing two devices.
How do I pair my Apple TV remote app without the remote?
- Turn on Bluetooth and WiFi on your iOS device before you begin.
- Press and hold your iOS smartphone toward the apple tv
- Follow the on-screen instructions that display
- Your Apple TV may now access the new WiFi network.
How do I use my iPhone as Apple TV remote without the remote?
With the free Remote app installed, you can operate your Apple TV from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch as long as they’re all on the same WiFi network. To connect the app to your Apple TV, press the Add Apple TV button once you’ve installed it.
Is there an Apple TV remote app for iPhone?
If you lose or don’t want to use your TV’s remote control, the Apple TV Remote app on your iPhone or iPad makes it simple to control and explore your TV screen.
Is Siri able to locate my Apple TV’s remote control?
A simple “Find my remote” command will respond: “You do not have any Siri Remotes associated with your iCloud account.” This is true even if you ask, “Find my remote.” It was 9to5Mac that discovered the odd Siri answer.
Does Apple TV Remote app still work?
If you’re still using the TV Remote app on your iPhone, you’ll have to get rid of it before the end of the year. Just relax; the process is still simple. Apple terminated and deleted the TV Remote app from the App Store in October 2020 with an iOS update.
How do I use my iPhone as Apple TV remote without the remote?
With the free Remote app installed, you can operate your Apple TV from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch as long as they’re connected to the same WiFi network. To join the app to your Apple TV, press the Add Apple TV button once you’ve installed it.
Can you use your apple device as an Apple TV app?
You can still use your iPhone or iPad as a remote for your Apple TV!
All you have to do is make sure that your iPhone or iPad is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, and then use the Control Center on your device to access the Apple TV remote. From there, you can use all of the same features as the old Apple TV Remote app, including touch gestures and Siri commands.
Plus, if you’re a fan of the physical remote, you can always purchase one separately. The Apple TV remote is compact, sleek, and easy to use, making it the perfect addition to your home entertainment setup.
With the Control Center and physical remote options, you can enjoy all of the same features and benefits that you’ve come to expect from Apple TV. So why not give it a try and see for yourself? Your entertainment experience will thank you!
Finally, Use Your Apple Device As Apple TV Apps
We are pretty sure that you can easily solve the issue of the Apple TV remote app not working on your Apple devices.
It’s clear from this article that the iPhone remote app can perform almost all of the functions of the Siri Remote and Apple TV Remote.
Apple TV channels such as Paramount+ and Showtime may also be added, along with streaming services and cable providers.