One of the features of Discord is the ability to “pop-out” the chat information into a window in the corner of your screen. If you’re a streamer, you know how helpful the Discord app is. However, there are times when the chat in Discord can be out of sight.
Possible causes of Discord pop out not working include software bugs and glitches. These bugs will hide the Discord pop-out window even when there’s a notification from the app. If you notice this, go to the pop-out window on the taskbar and unhide the Discord window.
There are several reasons your Discord window is missing from your computer. We’ll outline all causes and their fixes in this article.
Why Is My Discord Pop-Out Not Working?
If your Discord pop-out is not working, there is an app issue. Bugs and glitches cause Discord to malfunction such that the pop-out feature doesn’t work. There are other causes of a malfunctioning Discord window, like corrupt files on the app.
The applications on our mobile devices sometimes get stuck or refuse to open. Although common, we do not prepare for glitches, and most of us do not understand why our apps suddenly act weird.
To find a solution to the Discord pop-out fault, we must first identify all possible causes of this issue.
1. Bugs And Glitches
Discord is not perfect; no app is. Some bugs and glitches can cause problems, like the app not opening or not sending notifications. You may not see messages pop out on the screen.
2. You’re Not “Online”
If you do not set your Discord status to “Online”, you might not get alerts in the Discord app.
3. Faulty Settings
For the Discord pop-out feature to work on your computer, you’d have to enable Discord desktop notifications in the settings. The notification pop out will not respond if you’ve mistakenly disabled it in the app settings.
Another setting that causes Discord not to notify you of messages is the server notification. Everything in Discord depends on the Discord server, its most essential component.
A faulty discord server notification automatically means you won’t get pop-out messages.
4. Corrupt File
If there is any corrupted file in your Discord app, it can cause glitches like not getting messages.
Corrupt or unsafe files mean that the file may contain malicious code that could harm your computer.
Checking file integrity is crucial because it helps you find and remove corrupt files so your app functions correctly.
5. Outdated Software
One of the problems with using outdated apps is that they have a lot of bugs. They often don’t function as well as newer versions do.
If an app has been updated several times since its original release date, it likely has additional features and functions.
There are more recent versions of the Discord app. If yours is outdated, try updating to a newer version with better security.
How To Fix Discord Pop-Out Notifications Not Working
To fix Discord chats not working, identify the cause and solve it accordingly. Some users make the mistake of uninstalling the Discord app when they notice errors like not getting chat notifications or the app doesn’t respond.
However, there are proven ways to fix issues with the messaging app.
1. Unhide The Discord Window
If the Discord pop-out is invisible, the pop-out window is hiding in the taskbar. To unhide it:
- Tab on the invisible pop-out window on the taskbar.
- Press the “Windows” and “D” keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Repeat this a couple of times to unhide the hidden Discord pop-out window.
2. Come “Online”
- Open the app.
- Tab on the “User Avatar”.
- Under Set status, click “Online”.
3. Turn Off Do Not Disturb Mode
When you’re in the midst of a gaming session or other important chat, it can be helpful to disable Discord’s “Do Not Disturb” mode. Here’s how:
1. Open Discord and click on the three lines in the top left corner. This will open the main menu.
2. Click on Settings.
3. On the Settings page, click on Privacy & Security.
4. Under “Do not disturb,” select “Turn off.” Click on OK to save your changes.
4. Restart The App
To restart the Discord app on mobiles:
- Close the app completely by swiping it away from recent apps. Then relaunch it.
- You can also restart the app after force-stopping it.
- Hold down on the “home” button until the multitasking menu appears.
- Press-hold the Discord app, and you’ll see an option for force stop.
- Press “Force Stop”.
- Relaunch the app.
To restart the Discord app on the desktop:
- Go to settings and select “System”.
- Find “Apps and features” and click it.
- Select the Discord app on the menu.
- Tab on “Advanced options”.
- Select “Reset”.
5. Disable Streamer Mode
If you want to disable streamer mode on Discord, there are a few steps you can take.
- Open Discord and click on the user’s name in the top left corner of the app
- Click on the “Settings” button in the bottom right corner of this window
- Under “Privacy & Security,” select “Streamer Mode.” If it isn’t checked, uncheck it and click “Save Changes.”
- Click on the red X next to “Streamer Mode” to delete this setting.
6. Review Discord Notification Settings
If you’ve disabled Discord notifications in your computer settings, the Discord pop-out will not work. To fix it:
- Go to the Discord app on your computer.
- Scroll to the bottom left and click on the “User Settings” icon.
- Click on “Notifications” under App settings.
- If the Enable Desktop Notification button is off, click to turn it on.
- Do the same for the Enable Unread Message and Enable Taskbar Flashing; make sure you turn them on.
- Close the app and relaunch it.
- If you still do not get pop-out messages, go to the next solution.
7. Update The Discord App
Discord doesn’t have an option for an update. The company designed it to auto-update when there’s a new version.
To update the Discord app on Windows:
- Close the app.
- Relaunch the Discord app.
- If there’s a new version of the Discord software, it’ll download and install it, provided you have an internet connection on your computer.
Alternatively, maximize the Discord app window while it’s running.
- Press Ctrl+R to refresh the app’s UI.
- Discord will download and install an update if one is available.
To update the Discord app on mobile:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap on your profile picture or where you see your name.
- Select Manage apps and devices from this menu. Doing this will show you available updates.
- Tap on the Discord app and update it.
8. Reinstall The App
If you’ve tried all options and the Discord pop-out feature doesn’t work, try reinstalling the app.
To reinstall the Discord app:
- Go to “Settings” and select “System”.
- Click on “Apps”, tap on “Apps and features”.
- Search Discord on the search bar and click on the three-dot menu.
- Click on “Uninstall”.
- Reinstall the app.
- Launch the Discord app and watch out for pop-out.
Note: The six (6) procedures apply to Windows 11.
In summary, your Discord pop-out not working is a common problem, and you can solve it by unhiding the pop-out window in the taskbar or updating the app.
Things You May Want To Know
1. How Do I Enable Overlay In Discord?
To enable overlay in the Discord app:
- Open the Discord app and tap on the User Settings icon.
- Scroll down to overlay and toggle it on.
- Next, tab “Activity status” to select which games the overlay should work.
2. How Do I Minimize the Discord Screen?
You can minimize the Discord screen by using keyboard shortcuts. Press Windows and Down arrow keys simultaneously, and the Discord screen minimizes.
You can also hide the Discord screen, so no messages appear on your screen until you activate it again.
3. How Do I Pop-Out Screen Share On Discord Mobile?
- Open the channel you want to share a screen with.
- Select Screens in the lower left-hand corner, and choose Screen from the menu.
- The ‘Pop Out’ icon is in the lower right of the screen. Click to split your broadcasting screen.
4. Can You Do Picture In Picture On Discord?
There’s a new feature that allows you to do pictures in pictures. This is a great way to watch a video while still being able to chat with your friends. You need to download the latest version of Discord to access this feature.
5. Why Can’t I Open Discord On Windows 7?
If you cannot open Discord on Windows 7, the problem may be that the app is not compatible with your operating system. Go to the Microsoft support page and download the right package for your device.
6. How do I stop Discord from popping on top?
Discord is a great way to stay in touch with friends, but it can sometimes be annoying when it pops up in your notifications tray. Here are some tips on how to stop Discord from popping up on top:
1. Change the order of your notifications: If you want to reduce the chances of Discord popping up on top, you’ll need to change the order in which your apps send notifications. You can do this by opening the app’s settings and changing the order of “Notifications” and “Alerts.”
2. Disable Priority Hiding: Another way to reduce the chances of Discord popping up on top is by disabling priority hiding for the app. This will make sure that Discord always shows up in your notification tray, even if it’s not an important notification.
3. Use a hidden chat window: If none of these methods work for you, you can try using a hidden chat window instead of a visible one. This will keep Discord hidden until you open it manually.
7. Can you pop out a Discord chat?
Discord is a popular chat application for gamers that lets players communicate with each other in real time. To pop out a Discord chat, all you need to do is open the app and click on the three dots in the top-left corner of the main screen.
From there, select “Chats” and then select the chat you want to leave. Once you’ve selected the chat, click on the “X” in the top right corner of the screen to exit out of it.