Have you ever wondered why there is a red light on your AirPods case? Don’t worry, and you’re not the only one. This is a very easy fix that takes less than a second.
In this blog post, I will explain the red light and how to fix it in just a few seconds. Keep reading to learn more!
Why Do The Red Lights on Airpods Mean?
- The red light on the AirPods indicates that the battery is low and needs to be charged.
- When the red light is flashing, it means that the AirPods are charging
- A solid red light means that the AirPods are fully charged
- If the light is not red, it means that the AirPods are not charging
Reasons Why Red Light Showing On?
If your AirPods are flashing red, it’s probably because they’re low on battery. Their battery life indicator will flash red when they are critically low on power.
Whether you want to know if your AirPods are fully charged, you may do so by putting them back in their case and looking at the LED light on the front. If the indicator on your AirPods is red, it implies they are low on battery and need to be charged.
Linked With Unsupported Device
A second typical cause of the AirPods’ red light is when they are linked to an unsupported gadget. If you try to pair them with a device that isn’t compatible with them, you’ll get the warning “Device not supported.”
If you suspect your AirPods are connected to a non-compatible device, go into your phone’s Bluetooth settings to double-check.
Low Power Mode
Your AirPods Pro may be in low power mode, which causes the red light to illuminate. Your AirPods’ battery life indicator will flash red when it senses that they are running low.
Simply placing your AirPods back into their charging case and seeing the status of the front-facing LED will tell you whether they are now in low power mode. When their power indicator turns red, battery life is conserved.
Not Connected To Your iPhone
If your AirPods aren’t paired with your iPhone, that’s another typical cause of the red light illuminating. There will be a “Not Connected” alert on the screen if an iPhone is not actively connected to a network.
To see if your AirPods aren’t connected, go to your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings and double-check that just the appropriate devices are checked.
Fifth, if your AirPods are in Restricted Mode, the red light will always be on. When Restricted Mode is activated, a notification reading “Restricted Mode” will appear.
Put your AirPods back in their case and look at the front LED light to see whether they are in Restricted Mode. If the indicator on your AirPods is red, the mode is set to “Restricted.”
Ways To Fix Case Flashing Red
- Check Your Charging Case: When the charging case for your AirPods begins blinking red, you should first ensure the case is fully charged. The pods will stop working if the case is not charged correctly. Before using the charging case again, make sure it is completely charged.
- Clean Your AirPods Case: Try cleaning your case if the charging ports are not blocked by dirt or debris. Use a soft, dry cloth to clean the interior and outside of the case. The failure might be due to the accumulation of dirt or debris within the casing.
- Check The Battery Level: Check their’ battery life if the case is fully charged and the charging ports are free of dirt and debris. They won’t function correctly if the pods’ batteries are low. Before using the pods again, make sure they are completely charged.
- Reset: You shouldn’t have to reset if the case is fully charged and nothing obstructs the charging ports. Press and hold the setup button for roughly 15 seconds to do this. Doing so will delete any problems from the case and reset the pods.
- Contact Apple’s Technical Support: Contact Apple support if the charging case is fully charged and the charging ports are free of debris. They can assist you in diagnosing the problem and determining whether your AirPods have a hardware issue.
Where to Find the Status Light?
The AirPods’ charging status indicator light is external and situated at the base of the case. When the AirPods are completely charged, the light will be white; otherwise, it will be amber to indicate that charging is taking place.
When you put them in your ears, and the LED turns white, they are successfully paired and ready to be used. A white flashing light indicates that your AirPods are attempting to pair with your iOS device.
The charging status of your AirPods is shown by a red light when they are in your ears. The indicator light will turn green when your AirPods have reached their maximum charge.
If there is no indicator light, they are now in the off position. If you want to turn on your AirPods, you need to press and hold the setup button on the back of the charging case for a few seconds. A white light will appear if your AirPods are powered up and ready to use.
Despite a Full Charge, Still Flash Red; What Gives?
After a lengthy charge, the red light on your AirPods Pro is normal. This indicates that your AirPods Pro is almost dead and needs to be charged.
It’s crucial not to overcharge your AirPods Pro, so if the charging indicator turns red after a while, you shouldn’t keep them plugged in for too long.
Doing so might limit the life of your AirPods Pro by damaging the battery.
A red light on your indicates that they are now in use to indicate a need for a recharge.
Plug in the charging case and then connect to the case. When completely charged, your AirPods Pro will cease blinking red and return to its usual white.
How Long Will AirPods Case Charge Last?
Case charges last around four to five hours. This can vary depending on the type of AirPods you have and how often you use them. But, when you have the first generation, you may notice that your case charges last shorter than five hours.
For optimal performance, it is recommended that you charge your AirPods case when the battery is low. You can check the battery level of your AirPods case by opening the lid and checking the LED light. If the light is green, then your case is fully charged.
Why are the AirPods flashing an orange light?
When your AirPods are flashing orange light, they need charging. To charge your AirPods, connect them to their charging case and wait for the light to turn green.
If the light does not turn green after a few minutes, then your AirPods may be damaged and need to be replaced.
How To Know If It Is Charging?
It can be frustrating when your AirPods won’t charge. If you’re unsure whether or not they’re charging, you can check a few things.
First, take a look at the charging case. There should be a LED light on the front of the case, near the bottom. If this light is white, then your AirPods are charging. If the light is red or amber, your AirPods are not charging.
If you’re still unsure, you can check the status by opening the case next to your iPhone. A popup window will appear on your screen, showing the charge status.
It will say “Charging” next to the battery icon when they’re charging. If they’re not charging, it will say “Not Charging.”
How To Connect AirPods To Android?
- Open the case of your AirPods and look for the small button on the back
- Press and hold this button until the LED light on the front of the case flashes white
- Then, open the Bluetooth settings on your Android device
- Tap on the option to “Pair a new device.”
- When your AirPods appear in the list of available devices, tap on them to connect.
Having Trouble To Pair! Here are The Fixes…
If you’re having problems getting your AirPods to pair with your Android smartphone, you may do a few things.
- Ensure that they are fully charged and that the charging case is near your Android smartphone.
- Does a factory reset on your AirPods if the problem persists? Press and hold the back-of-case setup button for 15 seconds.
- The AirPods have been reset when the white LED light on the front of the case flashes white, then amber.
- After resetting, try pairing them with your Android smartphone again.
1. Can I overcharge my AirPods case?
No, you cannot overcharge your AirPods case. When the case is fully charged, the LED indicator will turn green and stay lit for about 15 seconds before turning it off.
When you keep the case plugged in after it’s fully charged, the LED indicator will intermittently pulse to show that the case is still drawing power from the charger.
But, if you see the LED indicator flashing white, your AirPods case is low on power and needs to be charged.
2. What Do I Do If One Of My AirPods Isn’t Charging?
There might be an issue with the connection between the charging case and the AirPod that isn’t charging.
It may help to clean the bottom of the case, where the AirPod that isn’t charging is supposed to make a touch and the end of the AirPod that isn’t charging.
But, if it doesn’t work, you might try resetting the AirPod holder to see if that helps. How to convert the white LED light on the back of the box to an amber one: hold down the little button for roughly 15 seconds. Make sure you’re using Apple-approved chargers and give charging your devices a go.
3. Why Do My Air Pods Charge for 2 Seconds and Then Stop?
There are a few possible causes for your AirPods charging for only 2 seconds and then stopping. It is possible that the Lightning to USB cable is not firmly plugged into the charging case and USB power adapter , or the power adapter itself is malfunctioning or not delivering enough power.
It is also possible that the wireless charging pad you are using is malfunctioning or not delivering enough power.
Additionally, it is possible that the charging case is damaged and needs to be replaced.
4. Which Air Pod Is Best?
Apple AirPods Pro 2nd Generation are the best overall AirPods, offering excellent sound quality, noise cancellation, and a comfortable fit.
They also have a longer battery life than the regular AirPods and have customizable silicone tips that provide a better seal in the ear.
Max are also highly rated, offering great sound quality, active noise cancellation, and a luxurious design.
5. Do Air Pods Get Dirty Fast?
If you are experiencing the red light issue, don’t worry! There is an easy fix. Hold down the power button and volume up button simultaneously for about 10 seconds until the light turns off.
Once it’s off, release both buttons, and your AirPods will be ready to use again. This article helped explain what the red light means on AirPods and how to fix it quickly and easily!