The Peloton bike is a high-end exercise bike that offers a variety of features, including a 21.5-inch touchscreen display. However, as with any piece of technology, there can be issues from time to time.
Also, one issue that some users have experienced is that the Peloton touchscreen not working, but why and how to fix it?
Well, to fix this problem, try restarting your Peloton bike. If that doesn’t work, unplug the bike from the power source and plug it back in. If your Peloton touchscreen is still not working, reset the bike’s software. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
In this blog post, I’ll look at some of the most common reasons why the Peloton touchscreen is not working and what you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
Why is My Peloton Bikes Touch Screen Not Working Properly?
There are a variety of reasons that your peloton bike’s touch screen might not be working correctly. It could be an issue with the bike itself, or it could be an issue with your home’s Wi-Fi network.
Here are some of the most probable reasons the peloton bike’s touch screen is not working properly.
- There could be a problem with the bike’s display settings.
- There is something wrong with the bike’s software or hardware.
- The bike’s touch screen is not calibrated properly.
- It could also be a problem with the power cord.
- The peloton bike may need to be reset.
- It is also possible to have a problem with the peloton bike itself.
Solutions For Your Peloton Touch Screen Not Working
1. Check The Cable Connection of The Peloton Bike
Often, the Peloton bike’s touch screen may not work. It could be due to a cable connection issue. Two main cables connect the touch screen to the bike – the HDMI cable and the power cable.
To check if the problem is with the cable connection, first make sure that both cables are securely plugged in at each end. If they appear to be loose, try tightening them.
If the problem persists, try unplugging and then replugging both cables. If that doesn’t work, try plugging the HDMI cable into a different port on the bike.
When the touch screen still isn’t working, there could be an issue with the Peloton bike’s software. Try restarting the bike by unplugging it from the power source for a few minutes, then plugging it back in.
2. Restart The Peloton Bike
If your peloton bike’s touch screen is not working, you can try restarting the bike. To do this, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
This will turn the bike off, and you can turn it back on again. You may also need to unplug the bike from the power outlet and plug it back in.
If the touch screen still does not work, you can try factory resetting the bike.
3. Perform Factory Reset
If you are having issues with your Peloton bike’s touch screen, try performing a factory reset. This will erase all data from the bike’s memory and restore it to its default settings.
To factory reset your peloton bike:
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Press and release the power button to turn on the bike.
- When the peloton logo appears on the screen, press and holds the left arrow button.
- While holding the left arrow button, press and release the right arrow button.
- The bike will enter factory reset mode, and all data will be erased.
4. When Peloton Bike’s Screen Becomes White
Possible causes for Pelotons bike’s white screen are a bad internet connection, overloaded server, and incorrect account information. Here are some troubleshooting steps for this problem:
- Check your internet connection: Make sure your router is turned on, and you have a stable internet connection. To check the strength of your connection, open a web browser and try to load a webpage.
- Restart your Peloton bike: Unplug the power cord from the back of the Peloton bike and wait for 10 seconds. Plug the power cord back in and turn on the bike.
- Check for updates: Ensure you have the latest software installed on your bike. To check for updates, open the Peloton app and go to the Settings menu.
- Reset your bike: If you are still having problems, you can try resetting your bike. To reset your bike, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Contact Peloton support: If you still have problems, you can contact Peloton support for help.
5. When The Touch Screen Becomes Freeze
There are a few things that you can do to fix a freezing Peloton screen touch. Try the following:
- Check if your Peloton screen is properly calibrated. If not, calibrate it according to the instructions in the Peloton manual.
- Ensure the Peloton screen is clean and free of fingerprints or other smudges. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe the screen.
- If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, check to see if the Peloton app is up to date. Update the app if necessary.
- Restart your Peloton screen by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. Then, turn the screen back on.
6. When The Peloton Bike Stuck On Logo Screen
When your Peloton bike is stuck on the login screen, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
First, ensure that the bike is properly plugged into an outlet and that the power cord is firmly attached to the bike and the outlet.
If the power cord is loose or disconnected, reconnect it and try turning on the bike again.
When the power cord is firmly attached and the bike is still stuck on the logo screen, try unplugging the bike from the outlet and then plugging it back in. This may reset the bike and fix the issue.
When the bike is still stuck on the logo screen after trying both of these methods, you may need to contact Peloton customer support for further assistance.
7. Update Firmware
Check to see if the touchscreen is actually broken. If it is not physically damaged, you may be able to fix the issue by updating the firmware on your Peloton bike.
To update the firmware on your Peloton bike, follow these steps:
- Open the Peloton app and sign in.
- Tap on the settings gear icon in the top left corner of the app screen.
- Under “Bike Settings,” tap on “Firmware Update.”
- On the “Firmware Update” screen, scroll down and tap on “Update Now.”
- After confirming that you want to update the firmware, tap on “Update Firmware.”
- The firmware update process will begin and may take a few minutes. When it’s done, tap on “Finish” and “Re-start Bike.”
- Your Peloton bike should now be updated with the latest firmware!
8. Contact Peloton Customer Support
However, as with any piece of technology, there can be issues from time to time. One issue that some users have experienced is a Peloton bike touchscreen that is not working.
There are a few things that you can try on your own before contacting customer support. First, ensure that the bike is plugged into a power outlet and that the power cord is firmly connected. Next, check the bike’s power button to ensure it is in the ON position.
If the tips mentioned above do not work, you should contact Peloton customer support. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and get your bike back up and running.
How To Calibrate The Peloton Bikes Touchscreen?
To ensure the Peloton bike’s touchscreen is working correctly, it is essential to calibrate it regularly.
A few things can cause the touchscreen to become inaccurate, such as dirt or smudges on the screen, extreme temperatures, or even age.
Here are the steps to calibrate the Peloton bike’s touchscreen:
- Power off the Peloton bike by holding the power button for 5 seconds.
- Remove the safety key from the console.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button.
- Re-insert the safety key into the console.
- Power on the Peloton bike by holding the power button for 5 seconds.
- The bike will undergo a series of self-tests, including calibrating the touchscreen.
- Once the self-tests are complete, the touchscreen will be calibrated and ready to use.
Can You Replace The Peloton Touch Screen, If It Does Not Work?
If your Peloton touch screen is not working, you can replace it with a new one. There are several ways to do this, depending on the severity of the problem.
When the touch screen is cracked, you can replace it with a new one. This is usually the most expensive option, but it will fix the problem immediately.
If the touch screen is not responding to your touch, you can try a few things to fix it.
- First, you can try restarting the Peloton.
- You can try resetting the Peloton to its factory settings if that does not work.
- When neither of those options works, you can replace the touch screen with a new one.
The problem may be with Peloton’s software; you can try updating the software.
You can reset the Peloton to its factory settings if that does not work. If neither of those options work, you can replace the touch screen with a new one.
How Replace The Peloton Touch Screen?
If your Peloton screen is cracked, shattered, or otherwise damaged, you’ll need to replace it. Fortunately, this is a relatively straightforward process that only requires a few tools and some time.
To replace your Peloton screen, you’ll need:
- A new Peloton screen
- A Phillips head screwdriver
- A flat head screwdriver
- Small hammer
- A knife or razor blade
- Clean, dry cloth
First, use the Phillips head screwdriver to remove the four screws from the back of the Peloton screen.
Next, use the flat head screwdriver to pry the back cover off the Peloton screen. Be careful not to damage the back cover, as you’ll need to reuse it.
Once the back cover is off, you’ll see the Peloton screen’s digitizer cable. Use the knife or razor blade to cut the digitizer cable carefully. Be careful not to damage the Peloton screen’s LCD.
Next, disconnect the LCD cable from the Peloton screen. You’ll now be able to remove the old Peloton screen. To install the new Peloton screen, reverse the steps above.
Are you using the most out of your Peloton heart rate features? This bike has a lot of good configurations that are worth checking out.
People Often Ask
1. When you factory reset your Peloton, what happens?
Make sure you choose “Factory Reset.” Wipe the tablet, power cycle it, boot to the loading screen, and download and install the most recent version of the Peloton software on it automatically.
After that, you’ll be directed to use the primary subscription holder’s account information to log in.
2. To restart my Peloton, what do I need to do?
For 15 seconds, keep your remote’s center button pressed. Put the batteries back in the remote control and restart it. This means that your remote control is now paired.
Follow the onscreen instructions or press the () and () buttons on the remote for 4 seconds to manually connect the remote.
3. What is the warranty on a peloton bike?
Peloton provides 48 months of full coverage for its three bike models (Bike, Bike+, and Tread).
Additional accidental damage and surge protection from the date of purchase are also included in this extended warranty.
4. Is the Peloton screen removable?
If a client wishes to upgrade their bike, they may remove the screen and replace it with a newer model, which will still operate with the rest of the bike regardless of when it was bought.
Emails from Peloton should include a purchase code if your status is eligible for a discount.
5. How do you turn on a Peloton tablet?
To begin, take a glance at the tablet’s back. You’ll also need to locate a rectangular button at the top of the tablet’s rear panel.
Depending on your bike’s age, you’ll see a gray or orange button. The power button for the Peloton is spherical on the Bike Plus.
6. Do Pelotons need to be serviced?
Keeping a Peloton clean is one of the most critical maintenance suggestions.
Make sure that dirt and perspiration don’t get into spots that might cause harm. It’s sound counsel, in my opinion, and it bears repeating.
7. How do I get out of peloton fast boot mode?
If you are stuck in fastboot mode on your peloton bike, there are a few things you can do to get out. The first is to try turning the bike off and then back on. If that doesn’t work, press and hold down the shift button while turning the bike off and then back on.
If that still doesn’t work, you can try removing the battery and then reinserting it. Finally, if all else fails, you can callpeloton customer service.
Peloton is a great product, but sometimes something goes wrong and your touch screen no longer works. That’s why we outlined some of the most common problems and solutions on how to fix them. Hopefully, our guide will help you find the right solution to your problem, so you can enjoy your Peloton bike to the fullest.