Incorporating communications, time management, and other automated functions, Outlook is a helpful tool for everybody. On Macs, several users found that Outlook search did not function. This might be problematic when you need to locate a particular email quickly.
It is not uncommon for Outlook search not working Mac Monterey. Mainly, the Outlook search does not operate on a Mac if the folder location is incorrect, the profile’s name contains special characters, or Spotlight indexing is insufficient.
Restarting your Mac is the first thing you should do. By clicking on the Apple menu and selecting Restart, you may restart your Mac. A fresh start may be the answer to your issue. If not, you’ll find several options in this post.
Outlook Search Not Working Mac Monterey-Reasons
According To Microsoft
If you’ve previously reindexed Spotlight, you won’t be able to search Outlook. Outlook Search not functioning may be caused by a variety of additional factors, including an incorrectly named profile. To see whether it works, attempt the steps listed on Outlook for Mac search returns “No Results,” and task items are not shown (microsoft.com).
If nothing works, you may provide me screenshots of where and what steps you took and the results of putting anything in search blanks, if necessary.
According To Expert
A macOS expert “MarcCalifornia” has also expressed his opinion regarding the issue. According to him “ The three most significant difficulties I have with the new Outlook are that the Rules feature does not work on IMAP accounts, examining email headers only reveals limited information, and the UI is too roomy to see all my accounts without scrolling.
As far as I can tell, the new Outlook doesn’t support rules for IMAP accounts, email headers provide minimal information, and the UI is too large for all of my accounts to be shown at once without having to scroll.”
In certain circumstances, the most recent version of Close Outlook is all that is needed. Trying this simple method will be a rewarding experience in and of itself.
However, what if the issue remains after all efforts? The first step in solving this mystery is to look at what may have triggered it in the first place.
Listed below are the most probable causes of the sluggishness:
Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac Apple ID or newer (the most likely situation) uses the following path to store profile information in the folder titled “Outlook 15 Profiles”:
If the format is different, you may have difficulties searching for personal communications in mailboxes.
Spotlight Indexing Stalled In The Middle
It’s unclear why this happens, but certain emails can sneak through the net when you search. If you’ve just added a new profile to Outlook for Mac, likely, Spotlight hasn’t yet indexed your data. The feature to reindex messages may require more effort if the Spotlight index is damaged.
As A Username, You May Use Unique Characters
An ampersand (&), forward-slash (/), backslash (), or other special characters from an acceptable range may cause Outlook search to fail to perform as expected.
It’s Featured Under Spotlight’s Privacy Tab
That page in the Spotlight settings tells you whether or not Spotlight is authorized to access a particular object, which might explain why you don’t receive any results when searching for anything in Outlook.
The main reason for this problem varies. Thus the solution is often a question of trial and error.
It is possible to locate a specific message in your mail folders manually, but when you use Outlook’s Search box for hunting for anything, Outlook displays the annoying “No Results” error message.
Read More: MacBook Silver Vs Space Gray – What Color Is The Best?
For Outlook 2011 And 2016, Here’s How To Fix
Solution 1. Outlook for MAC Search Database may be reindexed.
The Spotlight mail program in OS X lets you search your Outlook email on a MacBook Pro. The Spotlight Index cannot provide any results because it has been corrupted. This circumstance necessitates re-indexing the Outlook 2016 for Mac search database. Take these steps to accomplish this: Mac version of Outlook 2016.
- To reindex the Outlook for Mac 2016 Search Database
- Reboot your computer.
- Select Terminal from the Applications Menu on your Mac’s desktop.
- “mdimport -L” should be entered into the command line.
Note: In the event that you see several instances of “Microsoft Outlook Spotlight Importer.mdimporter,” remove Outlook, delete it from your Trash, and restart your Mac.
- Try searching in Outlook without shutting off the ‘terminal’ window. After a successful search, the issue is no longer an issue. Continue down if the Outlook search returns “No results.”
- To reindex your Outlook database, run the command below, but replace user name> with your own user’s name:
mdimport -g “/Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/Microsoft Outlook Spotlight Importer.mdimporter” -d1 /Users//Library/Group\ Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook\ 15\ Profiles/Main\
Solution 2. Use The Outlook 2016 Search Troubleshooter As A Third Alternative
The Microsoft Outlook Search Troubleshooter may be used to resolve the “No Results” search problem in Outlook 2016 for MAC.
- The first step is to shut down Outlook 2016 on a Mac.
- Open the Outlook 2016 Search Repair Troubleshooter program from Microsoft and follow the instructions.
- The following place is where you should go:
~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/Main Profile/Data
- Secondly, move Outlook.SQLite file to the desktop. When Outlook detects a problem, it will automatically rebuild itself (if you do this).
- Run a search in Outlook when the Rebuild has finished.
- Delete the ‘Outlook.sqllite’ file from your desktop if the search is successful.
2011 Is The Year Of Outlook For Mac
Outlook for Mac 2011’s Search database needs to be reindexed.
- Holding down the Option key, click the Outlook for Mac 2011 icon, and then restart the application.
- Rebuild your identity by clicking the Rebuild button.
Solution 3. Use Spotlight’s Re-Index Hard Drive Option To Fix The Problem
- In the System Preferences, you may find Spotlight.
- Check to see whether the Search Results tab has a checkbox marked “Mail.”
- The privacy options are located here.
- To delete the Outlook Profile (or Identity) folder or one of its parent folders from the Privacy tab, you must first remove it from the list. You may delete the emails and move on for those of you who don’t have access to Outlook’s search.
- Use Spotlight to locate the hard drive icon. (As a consequence, the current index will be deleted.)
- Finally, select the newly added hard drive and click the minus button to remove it. (As a result, Spotlight will have to create a new index.)
- Waiting until Spotlight has finished indexing your hard disk.
- Restart your PC when indexing is complete.
- Use Outlook’s search function.
- Then, if the issue continues, you may try the following:
1. Remove the following files from the User’s Library/Preferences folder (or transfer them to the desktop and remove them later):
2. Next, remove (or relocate to desktop) the file OfficeSync Prefs from the User’s Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2011 folder.
3. Take your Mac out of hibernation.
4. Search in Outlook if that doesn’t work.
Solution 4. Messages May Also Be Moved To Another Outlook Folder
- Firstly, open Outlook.
- In Outlook, create a brand-new folder (e.g., Inbox-New)
- Select all messages and drag them to the new folder you’ve just established.
- Transfer all of your communications to their original location after the transfer is complete. (Outlook will reindex the emails, and they will start to show in the results when this procedure is completed).
- Remove the temporary folder when you’re done.
Solution 5. Remove And Reinstall Office For Mac Completely
- Backing up Outlook data is necessary (copy Outlook Identity or Profile to another location. e.g., your desktop).
- Altogether remove Office 2011 MAC or Office 2016 MAC.
- A new version of Office for Mac is needed.
- Using Outlook for MAC’s Import command, import the Outlook data from the backup file.
- Outlook’s search tool is a great place to start.
Solution 6. Update Your Microsoft Software To The Latest Version.
- To get started, open any Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, or Outlook.
- In the main menu, choose Help > Check for Updates.
Tips for Success: It’s possible that you do not see the ‘Check for Updates’ option in the Help menu because of an outdated version of the Microsoft Auto-Update software. (After executing the software, the “Check for Updates” option will be available.)
Solution 7: Determine If Outlook’s Default Location For Its Profile
It would help if you began by making sure you have your Microsoft Office Outlook 2011 for Mac Profile in the correct default location and that its name does not include any strange characters.
This is the default location for Outlook 2016 for Mac’s Profiles.
~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/Main Profile
Default Identity location in Outlook 2011 for Mac OS X:
/Users/username/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity
Read More: What Does OBJ Mean In Text?
For Monterey 12.2, What Is New?
Typically, Apple’s milestone older version upgrades (x.x) provide a lengthy list of improvements, but macOS Monterey 12.2 isn’t your regular milestone upgrade.
Again, there are no known features in macOS Monterey 12.2. Instead, the emphasis is on resolving problems and enhancing safety.
The new Mac OS X Monterey 12.2 is expected to fix a Safari bug that exposed users’ browser histories and Google IDs. Fingerprints were the first to notice the problem.
macOS Monterey 121 update doesn’t have Universal Control, a feature that was expected to be included before year’s end.
According to the company’s web page for macOS Monterey, Universal Control is expected to be released sometime in the spring of 2023.
ACCORDING TO APPLE, Mac OS X Monterey 12.2 is expected to bring several security fixes. Here is where you may learn more about them.
macOS Monterey 12.2 Can Be Downgraded
It’s possible to downgrade your Mac’s software to an earlier version if you have issues with macOS Monterey 12.2 or Outlook search not working Mac Monterey.
If for any reason, you feel the need to revert to an earlier version of Mac software, you may do so whenever you choose.
What’s Next For The MacOS?
Later this year, Apple plans to release macOS Monterey 9, which is currently in development.
The beta version of macOS Monterey 12.3 has been released and is better than macOS Catalina. The release date hasn’t been set, but it’s expected to be anytime next month. In early March, Apple is said to be holding an event, and we anticipate the company to begin distributing software upgrades on or around March 8th.
To check whether the macOS Monterey update 12.3 beta improves your issues with the macOS update for Monterey 1201 or an earlier version of macOS, you may download it now and install it on your Mac.
Outlook 365 For Mac’s Fall 2020 Update: What’s New?
In the autumn of 2020, a new version of Microsoft Outlook 365 for Mac will be released. New and improved functionality accompanied the new design. Let’s look at what’s new in Outlook 365 for the Mac App Store, from the configurable toolbar and improved search to the ability to snooze emails.
Try The New Outlook!
It’s easy to convert to the new appearance in Microsoft Outlook if you’ve already installed the autumn 2020 update (16.42 (20101102) or later). The toggle for “New Outlook” may be found in the window’s upper-right corner, near the “Search” box.
“Switch to New Outlook” is the only way to confirm your decision.
You may always go back to the old version if you want to. Turn off the “New Outlook” option and confirm your decision to return to the old Outlook.
It is possible to update Outlook on a Mac without the toggle by choosing Help > Check For Updates from the menu. Choose “Check for Updates” from the drop-down menu.
Make Your Toolbar Customized
Microsoft Outlook’s toolbar should only include the buttons you use and desire. In the toolbar, choose “Customize Toolbar” from the “See More Items” menu (three dots).
To add or delete buttons from the toolbar, drag them up from the bottom. When you’re done, click “Done.”
Take Advantage of Improved Search
You’ll like Outlook’s enhanced search if you often check for emails from specific persons or received on particular dates. You’ll receive better search results and recommendations now that Microsoft Search is being used.
To locate what you’re looking for, use the “Search” box. There are filters and mailbox/folder selections available, as well.
Your Office 365 Groups can be viewed
You can view all of your Office 365 Groups in the sidebar while restarting Outlook, whether using Mail or Calendar. Groups may be accessed by clicking on the “Groups” button. To bring Groups back to their original state, click once more.
Emails May Be Replied To And Forwarded In The Same Window
If you respond, reply to all, or forward an email, you may add to your message without opening a new window if you utilize one of those functions. This maintains everything in order without the need for a new Compose window.
You’d want to delete a few emails, including any fresh ones from the same sender. With a single click, you can turn off the sound of other people’s voices. “Ignore Conversation” may be found on the toolbar, in the Message menu, or even in the shortcut menu for a message. Your inbox will be cleared of emails you’ve already read or arrive later.
Use the Customize Your Toolbar instructions above if you do not see the “Ignore Conversation” option.
Emails You’ll Never Read
There are days when you get many Outlook App alerts, and you don’t know what to do. They’ll be snoozing in no time!
Snooze an email by clicking “Snooze” on the toolbar at the top of the window. When you choose a time window, an unread message from that sender will be sent to your inbox.
Use the Customize Your Toolbar instructions above to add the “Snooze” button if you don’t see it.
Events In A New Light
Outlook for Mac has been upgraded with two new views of your schedule in Mail and Calendar.
You can view a daily schedule of your activities in Mail by clicking on “My Day.” View > Task Pane or click “Task Pane” from the taskbar.
A shortened three-day calendar view is available in the Calendar. In the top drop-down menu, choose “Three Days.”
More About Outlook Search Not Working Mac Monterey
1. Why Is My Search Function Not Working In Outlook?
Updating Office to the most recent version may fix your Outlook search troubles. The Outlook Profile Manager may be accessed by opening it. Go to file> Office Account (Account for other Office programs). The Update Options drop-down option may be found under the Product Information section.
2. What’s Wrong With My Mac Pro Mail Search?
Using Safe Mode, Shift-launching the Mailbox software update, manually creating mail folders or rebuilding your Mailboxes are all ways to address the Mac mail search not working issue. The SMC may be reset, or the operating system can be reinstalled to remedy a problem with the Mac mail search.
3. In Outlook For Mac Monterey Installer, How Can I Add A Search Bar?
Now, pick “Tools Tabs” from the “Choose commands from” drop-down menu. In the “Customize the Classic Ribbon” option, you must select the “Main Tab.” Using your left mouse button, pick the “Search” option once you’re in the “Main Tab” box. Once you’ve done that, click “Add >>.”
4. How Do You Search Email On Mac Users?
Start entering a term in the search area (if it isn’t visible, click the Search button in the toolbar) and then choose a Mail recommendation from the drop-down menu in the toolbar. In the search area, Mail develops a search filter and displays all relevant messages.
5. No Results Come Up When I Put It Into The Search Bar?
The term you typed in should have brought up results like Apple music activity monitor, but it hasn’t. It’s very uncommon for the search box to be completely obscured, preventing you from entering any keywords. Problems with the search bar may be caused by several things, including a momentary loss of internet connection or a malfunctioning Windows update.
6. On A Mac, What Does The Shift Key Do?
The symbol represents the two shift keys on most keyboards. An M1 Mac’s shift key doesn’t seem to be anywhere on the keyboard. The Shift keys are marked by the ” symbol, much as in Windows. There are two sets of keys outside of the second row of keys.
7. Where Is The Search Bar In Apple Inc Mail?
To access the search field, swipe down from the center of a mailbox. Type the text you’re searching for into the search area. The option to search all mailboxes or only the current one is available. When an apple mail account appears in the results list, tap on it to open it.
8. Have You Got Your Solution?
This is all about outlook search not working in Mac Monterey. Overall, Outlook for Mac computers is a tremendous and quite versatile application. However, there are certain drawbacks.
When Outlook’s built-in search functionality doesn’t function properly, the user experience suffers greatly. A large number of clients are affected by this issue. The solutions outlined above may help you if you’re in a similar situation.
9. How do I enable search in Outlook for Mac?
To enable search in Outlook for Mac, go to the View menu and select Show Find Bar. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Command + F. This will open the Find Bar at the bottom of your screen.
This article should have shown you how to fix Outlook’s “search” function so that you can access your online communication at any time. Hopefully, it has.
Read also: i5 Vs i7 MacBook Pro