Wireless mice are excellent for gamers, professionals, and other users. If you’ve ever used a wireless mouse, you know the last thing you want is for it to stop working. So, what do you do if your ONN wireless mouse not working?
There are 7 steps to take if your ONN mouse does not work correctly:
- Check The Battery Power
- Run The Hardware Trouble-Shooter And Check
- Update Wireless Mouse Drivers
- Reinstall The Wireless Mouse Driver
- Disable The Fast Startup Option
- Computer Hardware Problems
- Change The Mouse Settings in Windows
I will also show you how to troubleshoot if your mouse is not connecting wirelessly. Keep reading for more information!
Why Is My ONN Wireless Mouse Not Working?
There are several reasons why your ONN wireless mouse may not be working. Here are a few possible causes:
- The batteries in the mouse may be dead. Replace the batteries and see if that solves the problem.
- The mouse may be dirty. Clean the mouse with a damp cloth and see if that solves the problem.
- There may be something blocking the mouse’s optical sensor. Make sure nothing is blocking the sensor; if there is, clean it off.
- The mouse may be defective.
Quick Fix Tips For The ONN Wireless Mouse Does Not Work
The ONN wireless mouse is a great device that allows users to work wirelessly. However, there are times when the mouse may stop working correctly. If this happens, there are a few things that you can do to fix the problem quickly.
- First, make sure that the batteries are correctly installed in the mouse. Suppose they are not, then replace them with fresh batteries.
- Next, check to see if the mouse is turned on. If it is not, turn it on by pressing the power button.
- If the mouse is still not working, then try resetting it. To do this, press and hold the reset button for five seconds.
- After that, release the button and wait for the mouse to reset.
Details On Fixing Your ONN Wireless Mouse Not Working
Check The Battery Power
First, you need to identify the power source of your ONN mouse. You will need to check the batteries to see if it is a battery-operated mouse. You need to check the connection to see if the mouse is connected to a power source.
Next, you need to identify the problem with your mouse. If the mouse is not working, you need to check the following: you need to identify the power source of your mouse. You will need to check the batteries to see if it is a battery-operated mouse.
Run The Hardware Trouble-Shooter
If your ONN wireless mouse is not working, you can try running the hardware troubleshooter to check if there are any issues with the device.
To do this, go to Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
Here, click on “Run” the hardware and devices troubleshooter link.
The troubleshooter will now scan your computer for any hardware-related issues and attempt to fix them.
Once it’s done, restart your computer and check if the mouse is working correctly.
Reinstall The Wireless Mouse Driver
- First, you’ll need to uninstall the current driver that’s installed on your computer.
- To do this, go to the control panel and select “Add or Remove Programs.”
- Find the current driver for your ONN wireless mouse, and click “Uninstall.”
- Download the latest driver for your ONN wireless mouse.
- Once you’re on the support page, locate your ONN wireless mouse model
- Then click on the “Download” link.
- Double-click on the file to begin the installation process.
- When the installation is complete, restart your computer.
Your ONN wireless mouse should now be working properly.
Update Wireless Mouse Drivers
If you are using a wireless mouse that suddenly stops working, you may need to update the drivers. Drivers are what enable communication between your computer and the mouse.
The mouse may not work correctly when they become outdated or corrupt. Here are some steps to follow to update your wireless mouse drivers:
- Go to the manufacturer’s website.
- Find the support page for your specific model of the mouse.
- Find the drivers section and download the latest drivers for your mouse.
- Install the drivers and restart your computer.
- Try using the mouse again.
If these steps do not work, you may need a new wireless mouse.
Disable The Fast Startup Option
If you are using an ONN wireless mouse, you may find that the fast startup option is enabled by default. This can cause your mouse not to work properly. To disable this option, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button.
- Type “power options” into the search box.
- Click on Power Options from the list of results.
- Click on Choose what the power buttons do from the left side of the window.
- Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended) and click Save changes.
Once you have disabled the fast startup option, your ONN wireless mouse should work correctly.
Computer Hardware Or Other Issues
However, like all electronic devices, they are susceptible to problems, such as not working. There are several potential causes for a wireless mouse not working, including:
- Interference from other electronic devices
- A physical obstruction between the mouse and the receiver
- A faulty receiver.
- A software issue
- Damaged or defective hardware
If you are experiencing problems with your wireless mouse, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue.
- Try moving the receiver to a different USB port.
- Check for any software updates available for your mouse or computer.
- Try another mouse if you have one available.
When none of these troubleshooting steps resolve the issue, you may need to replace the mouse or receiver.
Change Wireless Mouse Settings In Windows
You can do a few things to change how your ONN wireless mouse behaves in Windows. You can adjust the cursor speed, enable or disable pointer precision, and even change the scroll speed.
To adjust the cursor speed:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sound.
- Click on Mouse under Devices and Printers.
- Click on the Pointer Options tab in the Mouse Properties window.
- Use the slider to adjust the cursor speed.
- You can also check or uncheck the Enhance pointer precision option
- Click OK to save your changes.
To adjust the scroll speed:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sound.
- Click on Mouse under Devices and Printers.
- In the Mouse Properties window, click on the Wheel tab.
- Use the slider to adjust the scroll speed.
- Click OK to save changes
How To Connect ONN Wireless Mouse On Windows 10 & 11?
If you’re having trouble connecting your ONN wireless mouse to your Windows 10 or 11 laptop, follow some simple steps.
1) Firstly, ensure your ONN wireless mouse is turned on.
2) Then, click on the “Settings” icon.
3) In the Settings window, click on “Devices.”
4) In the Devices window, click on “Bluetooth & other devices” in the left-hand sidebar.
5) Then, make sure that the “Bluetooth” toggle switch is set to “On.”
6) Now, it’s time to put your ONN wireless mouse in “pairing mode.”
7) To do this, press and hold the “Connect” button on the bottom of the mouse for 3-5 seconds.
8) The “Connect” button is the small button located just above the power switch.
9) Once your ONN wireless mouse is in pairing mode, it should appear in your laptop’s “Bluetooth & other devices” window.
How To Connect ONN Wireless Mouse On Mac?
Using a Mac, you can connect your ONN wireless mouse using Bluetooth. Here’s how:
- Make sure that your ONN wireless mouse is turned on.
- On your Mac, open System Preferences and click on Bluetooth.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Click on the + button to add a new device.
- Select your ONN wireless mouse from the list of devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
Once your ONN wireless mouse is connected, you can use it to control your Mac.
FAQs About ONN Wireless Mouse
How Can I Repair A ONN Wireless Mouse That Won’t Work?
- Turn on your mouse by flipping it over.
- Removing your computer’s USB dongle is the first step.
- Turn off the PC.
- Use an available USB port to connect the dongle to your PC.
- Press the power button.
- Re-examine your mouse settings.
Why Is My ONN Wireless Mouse Not Connecting?
Make sure the batteries in your wireless keyboard or mouse are in good condition and placed correctly if you are experiencing problems.
A red light should be seen from the bottom of certain kinds of mice when they are switched on and lifted slightly off the surface.
Why Does Chromebook Not Recognize My ONN Wireless Mouse?
A hardware reset may solve mouse and touchpad problems on your Chromebook, so give it a try. Disconnect all of your computer’s external devices.
Wait 30 seconds after turning off your laptop. Hold down the Refresh and Power buttons as soon as you’ve done that.
Is A Battery Required For A Wireless Mouse?
With two AA batteries, most wireless mice may be very heavy. You can get a wireless mouse that consumes fewer batteries or AAA batteries, but there is an additional problem with that.
If you have a wireless mouse, you don’t have to carry a bag full of wired computer peripherals and cords.
Where Is The Connect Button On A ONN Wireless Mouse?
On the bottom of your mouse, next to the power button, you should find a Connect button (as mentioned above).
You may choose which Bluetooth channel is used when you link your device with a mouse with a Channel button.
How Do I Reset My 2.4 GHz Wireless Mouse?
If the batteries are in excellent condition, locate the reset button and push it for three to five seconds.
As you did with the mouse, pressing the reset button for more than five seconds should bring the receiver back up to snuff.
Finally, Learn How do I sync my Onn wireless mouse?
I think you are okay with the ONN wireless mouse not working issue. But syncing a mouse for continued connectivity is also essential. Learn how you can do it on your own?
- To sync your Onn wireless mouse, insert the batteries into the mouse.
- Next, locate the receiver, which should be a small USB device.
- Plug the receiver into an available USB port on your computer.
- Once the receiver is plugged in, press and hold the connect button on the bottom of the mouse.
- The connect button is on the mouse’s bottom next to the power switch.
- After a few seconds, the mouse should be synced and ready to use!
If you’re having trouble syncing your Onn wireless mouse, try these tips:
- Make sure that the batteries are inserted correctly and that they have power.
- Check that the receiver is plugged into a working USB port.
- Try pressing and holding the connect button for a few seconds longer.
We hope that this article has helped you regain control of your ONN wireless mouse and get back to using it without any interruptions. If you have followed the steps provided in this article, chances are your mouse should be working properly by now.
However, if these steps do not work for you then it may be time to invest in a new mouse or contact customer support at ONN. Thank you for reading!