I just encountered a problem where my bootloader was locked, and I needed to flash the firmware.
However, when I used AP Fastboot mode secure, I kept getting an error. After some research, I found out that there is a workaround.
There are a few things that you can do to secure the AP Fastboot mode on your Android device.
One of them is to disable the feature entirely. You can do this by going to the Settings menu, then to the Security tab, and finally disabling the ‘Allow OEM Unlock’ Option.
In this blog post, I will show you how to do it. So, if you ever find yourself in the same situation, you’ll know what to do. Stay tuned!
What Is AP Fastboot Flash Mode?
AP Fastboot Flash Mode is a special mode that can be used to flash firmware or system images onto Android devices.
In this mode, the bootloader communicates with a custom recovery image, performing the necessary actions to flash the firmware or system image.
This mode is typically used by developers or advanced users who need to flash custom or development builds of Android onto their devices.
You probably won’t need to use this mode if you’re not a developer or an advanced user.
However, if you’re looking to flash a custom ROM or kernel onto your device, you’ll likely need to use AP Fastboot Flash Mode.
How To Setup AP Fastboot Flash Mode?
AP Fastboot flash mode is a special boot mode that can be used to flash custom ROMs and kernels on an Android device.
- To use this mode, you must have a custom recovery image (such as TWRP or CWM) installed on your device.
- Once you have booted into recovery, select the “Advanced” menu and choose “Reboot to Bootloader.”Your device will now reboot into bootloader mode.
- From here, select “Fastboot” and then connect your device to your computer via USB.
Open up a terminal or command prompt on your computer and type in the following command:
- Fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img
- Replace <filename> with the name of your custom recovery image.
- Once the recovery image has been flashed, you can boot into it by selecting “Recovery Mode” from the bootloader menu.
- From here, you can flash custom ROMs and kernels and perform other recovery-related tasks.
Why Do You Need To Secure AP Fastboot Mode?
There are a few reasons you might need to secure the AP Fastboot mode on your device.
First, if you are flashing any custom ROMs or rooting your device, it’s generally a good idea to have your bootloader locked down.
This helps prevent anyone from tampering with your device or taking advantage of any vulnerabilities.
Another reason to lock down the bootloader is if you will sell or give away your device.
By doing this, you can help to ensure that the new owner will not be able to access any of your data or make any changes to the system that could potentially compromise your security.
How To Make AP Fastboot Mode Secure?
Fastboot can also be used to unlock your bootloader, which is why it is considered a security risk. There are two main ways to secure the AP Fastboot Mode:
1) Use a password: This will prevent anyone from accessing Fastboot without knowing the password.
2) Use a fingerprint: This will require anyone who wants to use Fastboot to have their fingerprint registered on the device.
However, there are some additional settings to secure it.
To secure the AP Fastboot Mode, you will need to follow these steps:
- Enter the BIOS setup.
- Go to the “Security” tab.
- Select “Secure Boot.”
- Enter the password for the secure Boot.
- Save the changes and exit the BIOS setup.
- Reboot the system.
- The system will now boot into the AP Fastboot Mode.
How To Fix An Android Stuck In AP Fastboot Mode?
We’ll show you how to get out of Android Fastboot mode if your device has been stuck in this mode for whatever reason.
Technique 1: Conduct A Quick Troubleshooting Session
Try Rebooting Your Computer:
Attempting to reboot your smartphone is the first step. The only thing you need to do is switch your smartphone off and back on.
Using Hardware Keys:
Android stuck in Fastboot mode may be fixed using the Hardware Keys. For fifteen seconds, all you have to do is press the power button. The device will restart after a single vibration.
It’s Time To Remove The Battery!
Remove the battery by making an effort. In some cases, the battery can be removed from a phone, while in others, it cannot be removed at all.
Pull out the battery if you have the option to do so on your phone.
However, take them to a nearby service center if the batteries aren’t removable. Wait a few minutes after removing the battery.
Turn on your phone or tablet by inserting the battery.
Technique 2: Using Android Multi-Tools
Android’s Fastboot mode may be exited using the Android Multi-Tool. Everyone can benefit from Android Multi-Tool.
Any Windows user may quickly set up this program regardless of skill level. This application is straightforward to download and install.
So, all you have to do is download and run this program as an administrator on Windows.
Afterward, connect your Android Smart Phone to the computer and follow the instructions to fix it.
Technique 3: Use Of Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool
This is the most convenient option if you have some technical skills. Take the following steps:
- Use the “Minimal ADB Fastboot Tool” to download and install on your PC.
- On my computer, the ADB Folder has located in C Drive > Program Files.
- Press and hold down the ‘Shift + Right Mouse Button
- Select “Open Command Window Here” as your next step.
- The Android smartphone must be connected.
- Enter the command “fastboot devices” and press Enter when your device has been connected.
- In the last step, use the command “fastboot reboot.”
How To Fix Motorola AP Fastboot Flash Mode?
To fix the errors on your Motorola device into AP Fastboot Flash Mode, there are a few things you can try.
First, ensure that your device is fully charged and that you have tried multiple USB cables.
If your device still will not enter AP Fastboot Flash Mode, try booting into Recovery Mode and then select the ‘Reboot to Bootloader’ option.
Reboot Your Device
When your device does not enter AP Fastboot Flash Mode, try booting into Fastboot Mode using the following steps:
- Turn off your device
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons for about 5 seconds
- Release the buttons when you see the Bootloader Mode screen
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate to the ‘AP Fastboot’ option and press the Power button to select it
- Your device should now be in AP Fastboot Flash Mode
Try A Factory Reset
To perform a factory reset, follow these steps:
- Boot into Recovery Mode as described above
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate to the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate to the ‘ Yes — delete all user data ‘ option and press the Power button to select it
- Wait for the reset to complete
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate to the ‘ reboot system now ‘ option and press the Power button to select it
Your device should now be reset, and you should be able to enter AP Fastboot Flash Mode without any issues.
Finally, How Do I Flash My Phone With Fastboot?
You are now okay with how to make AP Fastboot Mode Secure. But, if you need to know a few things before you can flash your phone with fastboot.
- First, you must have a computer with a USB port and the Android SDK installed.
- Next, you need to enable USB debugging on your phone.
- Finally, you need to unlock the bootloader on your phone.
Once you have everything set up, you can flash your phone with fastboot by running a few commands.
- First, you need to put your phone into fastboot mode.
- To do this, you need to power off your phone and then press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Then, open a command prompt and navigate to the platform-tools directory in the Android SDK.
People Also Ask
What Is The Meaning Of Fastboot In MI Phone?
Simple ADB/Fastboot utility is a free, open-source program for Android programmers.
Bootloaders can be unlocked, ROMs and other third-party programs can be installed, and your system may be customized in many different ways.
Is Fastboot A Good Thing To Enable?
Laptops and desktop computers of today all come equipped with the ability to boot up quickly. It’s one of several techniques to improve the speed of Windows.
Many recommend disabling it immediately after you turn on your computer if you want to use a quick boot.
How Long Does Fastboot Mode Last?
Downloading a Fastboot ROM for your phone is all you need to do to get it working. Flash the ROM by connecting the smartphone to the computer. Flashing will take between 10 and 20 minutes, and Booting will take between 10 and 15 minutes.
Find fastes phone for your.
What Does Fast Boot Do In Bios?
Fast Boot is a BIOS feature that speeds up your computer’s startup process. Network, optical, and removable device booting are disabled if Fast Boot is activated.
While waiting for the operating system to load, you won’t be able to use any video or USB devices.
How Do I Unlock Fastboot Mode?
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC for use with your Android device.
- Turn on OEM Unlock and USB debugging on your Android device.
- If you’re using a USB cable, attach your device to the PC.
- On your computer, open a command prompt.
- Entering bootloader mode on your device is as simple as typing: reboot the bootloader using ADB.
How Will You Exit AP Fastboot Mode In Android?
- Open up the command prompt on your computer and type “adb reboot bootloader.”
- This will reboot your phone into bootloader mode.
- You can use the “fastboot” command to exit the AP fastboot mode.
- Type “fastboot reboot,” and your phone will reboot normally.