Every computer operator expects the best performance from their device. For gamers, this includes good audio while playing their favorite computer game.
However, the Intel display audio issue can happen without prior signs and rob you of pleasure.
Missing Intel High Definition Dsp Driver is a common audio problem in computers since the drivers do not come with the computer.
To fix the error, check if the driver is outdated. Next, download the recommended driver from your manufacturer’s support page.
The driver is required on your computer to recognize the sound card and allow you to use it properly. This driver is missing or corrupted and affects your device’s audio.
What Is Intel High Definition DSP Driver?
The Intel High Definition Audio driver is software that allows your computer to play and encode audio content. It processes audio from your speakers, headphones, and microphones.
If you are using a laptop or any other computer with an integrated audio chipset, you will need to download the Intel High Definition Audio Driver.
The driver’s primary function is to ensure that your computer’s sound card is working correctly and that you have the most updated drivers installed.
How To Fix Intel High Definition DSP Missing In Device Manager: Windows 11
Fix 1: Update The Driver
- Search “Device Manager” in the cortina bar and open it.
- Move the cursor to “Sound, video, and game controllers” and open it.
- Right-click the Intel(R) Display Audio and select Update Driver.
- Click on Browse my computer for drivers, opt for “let me pick from a list of available drivers.”
- Tick the “Show compatible devices” box.
- Click on “High Definition Audio Device.”
- Click next.
- You’ll see a warning on the computer screen; choose Yes to install the update.
- Restart your computer.
Fix 2: Download And Install The Correct Intel High Definition DSP Driver
Downloading the driver and updating it automatically doesn’t always work.
In some instances, you could end up with a new driver but no sound on your computer if the driver isn’t compatible with your device.
To eliminate the stress, you could download the correct Intel HD Dsp driver for your computer and install it manually.
Note: You need the Intel graphics card model number for this fix. Follow these steps to check:
- Go to settings.
- Click on display and then “Advanced display settings.”
- Scroll down and click on “Display adapter properties.”
- You’ll find the graphics model number shown in the Adapter Type section on the adapter tab.
- Copy the number and then proceed to install the driver.
To install the driver:
- Search Intel Downloads Center on your browser.
- On the website’s search box, type Intel HD Graphics + model number, e.g., Intel HD Graphics 3000.
- Press enter.
- Scroll down to “Filter by Operating System” and select that of your computer.
- Select the first on the menu, which is the latest version of the software.
- Click on “Download.”
- Restart the computer, and the audio will be restored.
Fix 3: Roll Back The Driver
- Search “Device Manager” on the Cortana bar and click on it.
- On the menu, click on System Devices.
- Right-click “High Definition Audio Controller” and go to the Driver Tab.
- Select Roll back Driver.
- Turn off the computer and put it back on.
Note: This method applies in cases where the driver fails after you’ve updated it.
How Can I Get A High Definition Audio Device?
Fix 1: Set High Definition Audio As Default
If you have a Realtek audio device on your computer but are not getting audio, you may consider setting the high-definition audio as default.
- Go to the Control panel. You can type it on the Cortana bar, press Windows Key + x, and select the Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sound.
- Click on the Playback tab.
- Right-click High Definition Audio Device.
- Select “Set as default.”
- If this doesn’t fix it, proceed to the next solution.
Fix 2: Disable The Realtek High-Definition Audio
- Go to Device Manager.
- Open Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click Realtek High definition audio and disable it.
High Definition Audio Device Not Working
Most modern Windows operating systems include high-definition audio components. However, while playing an audio or video file on it, you may experience an audio device problem.
A yellow warning prompt appears, and when we click on it, a window appears with an error message.
The error is caused by a corrupt or missing high-definition audio device on Windows 10; the sound card could be missing or not working correctly.
There could also be an issue with the audio driver, causing the Windows 10 audio device to malfunction. If this happens, you won’t get any sound from your computer.
How to fix High Definition Audio Device Not Working
1. Update Your Audio Device Drivers
Updating the drivers is a straightforward method for resolving audio device manager problems in computers.
If you haven’t updated your audio drivers, or if the update was interrupted in the middle, your audio device may stop working.
Follow these steps to update the drivers to fix the high-definition audio device not operating.
- Go to “Device Manager”
- Select “Sound, video, and game controllers.”
- Right-click High Definition Audio device, and choose Update Driver from the menu.
- Follow the prompts and update the driver (you can also choose to uninstall the driver first and then reinstall it later).
- Restart your system.
2. Reset The Audio Drivers
If you’ve updated the driver but not got any sound, you can try resetting them. This is a quick fix for the audio device not working problem that will not harm your system.
- Go to Device Manager.
- Expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click the audio device that you installed and disabled it.
- Wait a few minutes and repeat the procedure but enable the driver.
- Restart your computer to enable the changes.
3. Fix The Sound Card
If after this you don’t get audio on your computer, it’s possible that your system has a hardware issue that’s causing the audio device in Windows 10 to malfunction.
You can resolve this by checking the sound card’s functionality.
For this method, you’ll need to disassemble your system, remove the sound card, and put it in another computer to check whether the sound card is working or not.
If it isn’t working correctly, you can have it repaired by a professional or simply purchase a new card for your computer.
My Opinion On Intel High Definition DSP Driver
Good audio is essential for computer users, especially gamers. Music lovers also don’t like interruptions while streaming.
But we do not always have control over computer devices; they can malfunction.
Missing or corrupted Intel high-definition DSP driver will disrupt the audio on your computer.
To fix it, update the drivers automatically from the device manager or download and install them manually from the manufacturer’s support page.
Frequently Asked Questions On High-Definition DSP Driver
What Is The Intel High Definition DSP?
The Intel High Definition (Intel HD) DSP is a dedicated audio processing engine that provides high-definition and multi-channel audio support.
The Intel HD Graphics driver can use the hardware solution to provide a high-quality audio experience.
Why Does It Display No Audio Output Device Is Installed?
If you see the “No audio output device is installed” error on your Windows 10, it indicates that your audio driver is out of date or corrupt.
To fix it, go to the device manager and automatically update the audio driver.
How Can I Fix Realtek No Sound?
If you’re not getting audio from your Realtek audio device:
- Reinstall the drivers.
- Roll back the drivers.
- Reset the driver by enabling it in the device manager.
- Check the computer volume.
- Run Windows Troubleshooter.
- Check your device’s sound card.
How Can I Enable Intel To Display Audio?
- Go to the control panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound and then select Sound.
- On the Playback tab, right-click a blank space and select “Show disabled devices.”
- Click on the missing audio device to enable it.
Why Is My Realtek High-Definition Audio Not Working?
If you are using a Realtek high-definition audio driver that isn’t compatible with your computer, you won’t get audio.
Also, if the driver is out of date or corrupt, the Realtek high-definition audio device will not work.
How do I reinstall Intel High Definition Audio Driver?
If you have installed a new operating system and your Intel High Definition Audio driver is not working, follow these steps to reinstall the driver:
- Boot your computer from the installation media.
- Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Select “Startup Settings.”
- Click on the “Hardware” tab.
- Under “Audio Devices,” find and select your Intel High Definition Audio device.
- Click on the “Driver” button next to the device name.
- Click on “Update Driver.”
- Follow the prompts to install the driver. After rebooting, your audio should work properly.
How do I fix no audio device installed?
If you’re having trouble getting your computer to detect any audio devices, you can try a few things. First, ensure all of your audio hardware is plugged in and properly configured. Next, check to see if the audio driver is installed on your computer.
If it’s not, you can download and install the appropriate driver from the manufacturer’s website. Finally, make sure that your audio device is correctly connected to your computer’s USB port.
Hopefully, this article helped you solve your problems. If you still have issues, then you can always contact your computer manufacturer or Intel for more help.